Help Please.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking at a 2004 LX470 with 102k. I have a 97 450 with 187K.

The 100 series is a one owner with all service done at a Lexus dealership. I pulled the service records myself off the VIN and mylexus.com.

All of the 5000 mile services were done at the dealership. At 100k they did the timing belt but not the idler or tensioner pulleys nor the water pump. A few more than usual wheel alignments but that started at 20,000 miles and some Lexus owners think its out of alignment and its really road crown.

It's a totally south eastern US vehicle with nary a spot of rust on underbody. Never towed with as there is no hitch, the rear spare looks original, and the pin connector has dust in it with sparkling clean connectors.

Needs new tires for sure. I checked the AHC and its good.....there is almost 11 mark differences between low and high on the reservoir. I hit 14 and 3 as the difference points. Fluid looks really clean there and the coolant is SLLC pink lemonade.

I've driven it almost 60 miles and its smooth, vibration free, does not pull, has good transmission shifts and the body and interior are nearly spot free with no road rash and few paint chips. Leather and electronics are all good.

I poked around on the CVs and found some grease buildup.

Here is a link to some pics I took today......mostly of the CVs.

http://imgur.com/a/KGobQ

Asking $26,950 which I know is high and out of bounds. Tell me what you think of CVs and market price.

Everything works from windows to radio to rear air.

It's been in two "minor" rear accidents according to carfax...one 6 years ago and the other 5 months ago. I've checked gaps and can find one out of place on top of hatch on right rear. The lower body gaps are good.

Help me out on the CVs and what you think.

http://www.nadaguides.com/Cars/2004/Lexus/LX470-V8-4WD/Utility-4D-4WD/Values
With the accidents, I would always wait to buy accident free, ALWAYS. Well unless the price was absolutely killer, in this case it's not. But that's just me. There are plenty of those, LC's or LX's, around or that will pop up that were serviced at dealership their whole life and never were in a fender bender.

Keep looking....

At that price - Not me.

I'd go as far as to say it's an $18k truck, even on prom night!

Accidents are no bueno. Inheriting issues, needing new tires, makes it even worse.

I fell in love with a 2004 cypress green metallic LX, but then realized it wasn't all that well cared for. It had 95k, and they wanted 23 for it.

I'm glad I waited, and you will be too. Get one for 18, and buy tires, sliders, fridge, and rear bumper with the savings :)

I offered $22k and he said wholesale shippers would pay more for it than that. They did not even counter.

I said, well then, ship it.

Will continue to look.

I found mine through cars.com. She was located about 400 miles away.

Steve

I offered $22k and he said wholesale shippers would pay more for it than that. They did not even counter.

I said, well then, ship it.

Will continue to look.

My fellow Tennessean,
That price is gnarly and I would look South towards Atlanta for a much better deal. As has been said, that price is high independent of having been wrecked.
Cheers,
JJ

Last edited:
What they all said. Keep looking.

I paid $22k three or four years ago for my '03 TLC with 85k miles on it, one owner, all records, VERY well maintained, no rust, no accident, super clean.

Market might have changed a bit, but that pricing seems way off.

Yup, agreed, keep looking, that is waaayyy overpriced at almost 27k.

Even 22k is high, but about what you would get at a dealer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom