Help needed. 2H sputtering getting worse (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I was going to change my primary filter to the glass bowl with metal bottom type so water or other is visible and then I realized that the current primary filter is the one that has the 12 v. electric attachment that lights up my fuel filter light on the dash. Seems like it would be a shame to get rid of that by replacing it with one that doesn't give you a heads-up. I realize the glass bowl should act as the same thing essentially but you have to look at it instead of be tipped off :). If I decide to keep the current set-up, does anyone know where you can get a filter that has the electric hook-up? And those of you who have switched to the glass bowl or another, what was your thinking behind that? (besides cost--how much is it??). Thanks.

I replaced priming pump and it was the easiest thing of all that has been done :worms:

The 24v bowl switch I need is 6 times more bling than the simple glass bowl.
I hate the fact that the light is gone, thought about something else to hook up to that light: no idea (maybe the oil pressure switch)

It was one thing that was cheaper right here in the Netherlands, maybe because we have so much water and boats?

I replaced priming pump and it was the easiest thing of all that has been done :worms:

The 24v bowl switch I need is 6 times more bling than the simple glass bowl.
I hate the fact that the light is gone, thought about something else to hook up to that light: no idea (maybe the oil pressure switch)

It was one thing that was cheaper right here in the Netherlands, maybe because we have so much water and boats?
I just replaced the primer as well with the Bosch one. So much easier. Appreciate the sense of humor. :)

If I decide to keep the current set-up, does anyone know where you can get a filter that has the electric hook-up?

The Flashlube Diesel Filter has an optional Water Sensor kit..

Flashlube Diesel Filter

I run the filter, but havent added the Sensor kit.. Mines mounted to the rear of the inlet manifold where part of the glow rail used to run ...

QGf4x3WHX5HM-wEWnf8Lwxb2aJIfNtE0mNYvRPVglNQo2xPbc5ht_vPWGTMcQ19zwJc7NLBZEFz0IStya4Wou4CiIt-YI9nwqbJChTtrNABz6GaastFuuo8s2q6iS7D59nvSyuMmRS9arbmqfaAmHDM9g2pihGjU1xHWmNNybHKQ8nwdNigsenaP5IP5s3FFqJ10ZCZQLCWqJTL_YSYDEBBep8bsEEJ_6IM-0XJHR47IdgstzNsfsYP-ezujTaB3u9C0ei10ntTA8yJzuLH0N-y0_DIv7TP5W6A0aI-MGl_GRlDPXQwv-pvfjcZcgawCutMlFtmE7jtwMAz9r8mKq7UAB92AuvYozkapWMANzawtgnSkjYfr-kzAU4BS6ThUZ45mb8RlGEQxmTFwyR4VxMwgUWwF4qtYm-G7-MfuGlOy1kZYw66yA1QgJGHH0ZqNtPb8Ta1Z1_Je-ABjCK3E6JSoR_C4rcy8ZnTQAPow-OCwBNmqLQ3PZms_2lgClVGrJfj09-1-9limUJcd4J9fpcrQcUA3u8PzrRAECvFSUb5axvTI2x5m7fRzwZicqCqtcU4XOA8TQGMXu1WjLe8GM58PpeN_D3pGxXObUe-gHYNtNhlx=w1430-h1072-no

The Flashlube Diesel Filter has an optional Water Sensor kit..

Flashlube Diesel Filter

I run the filter, but havent added the Sensor kit.. Mines mounted to the rear of the inlet manifold where part of the glow rail used to run ...

hmmm. Maybe I should have waited to buy the 296 filter. I checked on the OEM filter and it's $149!! if I wanted to get it to preserve the water sensor light. Couple questions, please: 1. Is installing the water sensor tricky or difficult? 2. Are you happy with the result?

And then another question. Your engine bay is really clean (as is everything). What did you use to paint some of the metal surfaces black and how clean/free of rust did those have to be before the paint? Looks like you must have taken a lot of things apart to get everything so clean or did you just steam clean it? Thanks for the responses. I sent the Flashlube people some questions also.
QGf4x3WHX5HM-wEWnf8Lwxb2aJIfNtE0mNYvRPVglNQo2xPbc5ht_vPWGTMcQ19zwJc7NLBZEFz0IStya4Wou4CiIt-YI9nwqbJChTtrNABz6GaastFuuo8s2q6iS7D59nvSyuMmRS9arbmqfaAmHDM9g2pihGjU1xHWmNNybHKQ8nwdNigsenaP5IP5s3FFqJ10ZCZQLCWqJTL_YSYDEBBep8bsEEJ_6IM-0XJHR47IdgstzNsfsYP-ezujTaB3u9C0ei10ntTA8yJzuLH0N-y0_DIv7TP5W6A0aI-MGl_GRlDPXQwv-pvfjcZcgawCutMlFtmE7jtwMAz9r8mKq7UAB92AuvYozkapWMANzawtgnSkjYfr-kzAU4BS6ThUZ45mb8RlGEQxmTFwyR4VxMwgUWwF4qtYm-G7-MfuGlOy1kZYw66yA1QgJGHH0ZqNtPb8Ta1Z1_Je-ABjCK3E6JSoR_C4rcy8ZnTQAPow-OCwBNmqLQ3PZms_2lgClVGrJfj09-1-9limUJcd4J9fpcrQcUA3u8PzrRAECvFSUb5axvTI2x5m7fRzwZicqCqtcU4XOA8TQGMXu1WjLe8GM58PpeN_D3pGxXObUe-gHYNtNhlx=w1430-h1072-no

duncanrm, did you see my reply? Somehow it got embedded in your text area in response to mine. Is this filter from Australia or England?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom