HELP! Need bolt number for top of starter to trans (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Azca

If there is a harder way - I will find it...
Threads
Unbelievable. This is why I do my own wrenching if at all possible. I had an issue with my starter about 3 years ago, it was not turning over. Brought it in to a shop to have them address it. Well now, as I am converting over to hydro boost brakes, I see that some of the wiring they did is substandard. No problem, I will get in there and take care of it. Then, what do I see? The top mounting bolt for the starter is missing! :bang: I know it was there before they worked on it because I replaced the starter when I rebuilt the engine. You can't tell me it up and fell out. I guarantee it was torqued properly as well. And, to think, three years like this! Boy am I po'd.

Seems like I take a step forward and two steps back on this thing as I try to get her back on the road.

So now I am looking to find the number and not trusting what I am seeing on ToyoDIY or PartSouq for numbers. Does anyone have any idea of what Mr. T's part number is on this? 97 1FZE.

1627165135192.png

My receipt says 9011912005, from when one of mine broke and had to be replaced.

It appears that the number is 90119-12005 but the parts diagram shows the bolt in the wrong direction. We will see. And a pic of the install before I shoved it back into the engine compartment.

1627226221303.png

1627226264197.png

It appears that the number is 90119-12005 but the parts diagram shows the bolt in the wrong direction.

It's been many years since I pulled the starter on my '94 but as I recall the top bolt is installed in the direction as shown on that diagram.

I verified it on the FSM, top and bottom are opposite.

1627234566736.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom