Help! Mechanic chopped of off my Borla dual exhaust (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Rusto

SILVER Star
Threads
Hey all,

I typically spend quite a bit of time in the 60s section, but my wife drives an '07 Sequoia Limited.
I need some help. The down piped that connected into a Borla dual exhaust set had cracked at the muffler and was squeaking like crazy from the metal to metal rubbing. Every time the door shut, "squeak, squeak, squeak" Very annoying.

So, I took it my mechanic who has done good work on my 84 Toyota PickUp, my 95 4Runner, my 87 FJ60 and old Camry... There is no squeak anymore.

But he fixed it by cutting off the dual exhaust setup went back to a stock config. Which I don't like!
It doesn't sound as good and has lost some giddyup.

Mechanic is offering to make it right. who goes into a mechanic with aftermarket dual exhaust and comes out with stock single exhaust and is satisfied!? However, we can't seem to track down any Borla dual exhaust setups for the 2007 Sequoia with the 4.7.

Do any of you know of this setup and if it's available still?

Thanks,

Russell

Hey all,

I typically spend quite a bit of time in the 60s section, but my wife drives an '07 Sequoia Limited.
I need some help. The down piped that connected into a Borla dual exhaust set had cracked at the muffler and was squeaking like crazy from the metal to metal rubbing. Every time the door shut, "squeak, squeak, squeak" Very annoying.

So, I took it my mechanic who has done good work on my 84 Toyota PickUp, my 95 4Runner, my 87 FJ60 and old Camry... There is no squeak anymore.

But he fixed it by cutting off the dual exhaust setup went back to a stock config. Which I don't like!
It doesn't sound as good and has lost some giddyup.

Mechanic is offering to make it right. who goes into a mechanic with aftermarket dual exhaust and comes out with stock single exhaust and is satisfied!? However, we can't seem to track down any Borla dual exhaust setups for the 2007 Sequoia with the 4.7.

Do any of you know of this setup and if it's available still?

Thanks,

Russell

i have a 2005 tundra 4wd 4.7 & have a Borla cat back system , BEST dam thing i bolted on the truck

i buy them for for all my trucks and my K&N's from a out fit called Street Side Auto online , great service !

better prices too

fast shipping

https://www.streetsideauto.com/

great help, y'all! Thanks. The muffler is toast so it needs to be replaced, but from the muffler back it's still usable, and I did catch them before they threw that part away. Problem is that I can't find a muffler that is "dual-in" from the downpipes, and dual out for the dual exhaust. Even the Borla ones I can find only upgrade the single exhaust.

I've emailed Borla, with no response yet. Can't find a part number.

Good news, though. The street smart auto website brought up a help desk chat window and told me this:

The mufflers are universal, since I already have to pipes and exhaust tips. They just need overall case length along with inlet and outlet diameters needed and they can order up the right one for me.

I'll keep everyone posted. Now, if my mechanic didn't throw away the muffler!

update.... the system I had was a full cat back solution that is no longer availlable! It's dual 2" inlet, 2" exhaust 24" inch muffler.
Closest thing Borla carries anymore is a 2 1/4" dual inlet and exhaust 19.5" muffler..

So now it looks like I'll be taking my truck from the first mechanic to a new muffler/fab shop that actually knows what they are doing.
And probably going to need some 2 to 2.25" adapters on both sides of the muffler. What a pain in the ass to just get a squeak fixed.

I hope the guy that butchered your exhaust is footing the bill for the new shop to put things back the way they were. Think of it like this: let's say you had a locker in the rear and brought it to a guy to replace a rear wheel bearing, and when you get it back, you discover that he replaced the bad bearing by installing an entire axle assembly sans locker. Would you go buy a new locker and pay another shop to install it, or would you call bull**** and hold the guys feet to the fire?

Giving the original shop one more chance to get it right. No cost to me.

They said it was miscommunication. From their "service writer" not their lack of ability.

Theyve done good work for me in the past, so I'm giving them one last try.

Going in next Wednesday. Will keep you posted

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom