Help me plan my exhaust (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

lt1fire

SILVER Star
Threads
The heat shielding on my Cats is falling apart and rattling like crazy. Quite a few of the exhaust hangers are broken and under 4x4 driving moves all over the place.

The 3FE splits into two pipes with Cats and then back to one before it crosses over to the other side of the truck towards the muffler.

I'm thinking of either going to one hi flow cat then a muffler right after it and dumping it out the side right there, keeping two hi flow cats and a muffler and dumping out the side, or doing two cats to two mufflers and straight out the side.

I've never liked the design of crossing over in between the t-case and the gas tank so i'm taking that part out.

What does everyone think about this design (it will all be 2.5 piping) and what mufflers/cats should I use? Just using one cat and one muffler will save me money so I'm leaning towards that as it is tight right there. So the muffler would need to be a short one.

I had my shop dump the tail pipe out the side behind the rear tire and I would never do that again. It gets crushed every time I come down off of a rock. I prefer how the stock pipe exits but cut back just inside the bumper.

I would go with a MagnaFlow Cat 94006 2.5 in and out. Then a 50 SUV Flowmaster or MagnaFlow XL. I'm not a big fan of side exiting exhaust. It'll be loud with no resonator and a shorter exhaust. If noise is not a big concern, it should be alright. Watch for clearance issues if it's out the side. You could protect it with the sliders. Or turn your sliders into big side pipes :)

I wouldn't really be worried about a side dump if I had a 1FZ and the exhaust stayed on the same side of the car and didn't go between the t-case and gas tank. (that's valuable real estate for my crawler box one day) And there is no way to just go straight back from the cats. :mad:

I'm thinking just turn down the pipe after the muffler and not stick it out the side I know that it will be destroyed first trip out if that happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom