Help installing IRONMAN BUMPER measurements!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a Iron man premium bumper See here the link to the exact part Premium Off Road Bumper Suited For 2014+ Lexus GX460 - https://ironman4x4america.com/premium-off-road-bumper-suited-for-2014-lexus-gx460/

I am installing it this and was hoping you guys would please help me get a rough idea or measurements from your current install, If you could give me reference points for at least one side (since the other will match symmetrically) and then some reference points in the middle.

Basically if you guys already have your ironman premium bumper on already and its lined great like shop fitted and clean, then please put a tape on it and kindly share accurate measurements you have. I think the easiest way is to put a laser level on it, and then tell me that point you put the lazer on and then measure off of that measure each change in point/angle/direction etc.

I GREATLY APPRECIATE YOUR HELP HERE!!!

I promise when I am finished I will take all these notes down and make a guide for the next person doing this after me, the instructions from Iron man are trash.

THANKS GUYS!!!

1665023009201.png

Last edited:
Not sure how much this advice may help, but one thing I've read about with people installing bumpers is to be conservative in trimming if you're not sure.
Trim the minimum, lift the bumper in place, trim a little more and repeat.
Also, if you can get some Ironman owners to measure the distance from the bottom of the headlights to the top of the bumper at both the inner most point of the headlight (closest to the center of the car) and again the outside end of the headlight to the top of the bumper. Then maybe a measurement from the Lexus oval to the top of the bumper.
If I'm not mistaken, those should be your critical measurements. But again, I have a MetalTech on a 2013.
Hope this helps and someone chimes in!

Last edited:
Wish I still had mine around to help.

I have an Ironman on my 2013 so I don't know what kind of measurements I could take for you that would help. But I'm willing if you want me to. I do not have access to a laser level but can put a tape on it. Just let me know

I have the same bumper on my 2018. I must say the install was a real pain. The instructions are not great and the cut out template they provide are for a Prado style bumper. The tech help from Ironman USA was also not realy great. Once I got it done I am very happy with how it turned out. Let me know what you want measured and I will give it a shot when I get home. I have the templates I made up and used used for trimming the plastic I can also share. I have some pictures of what I did that I can share.

Reactions: r2m
Gentlemen thank you all so much for the feed back, I ended up going for it over the weekend and documented the whole entire thing. Needless to say it was very painful and I have took all the photos I could think of for installing this. I greatly appreciate all of your willingness to help and I will be sure to as my measurements and pictures here shortly as soon as I can organize all the info I'll make a document it for the community. I'll post a few pics as a preview of the process I went through but must much more will come later.
IMG20221010184336.jpg
IMG20221009150056.jpg
IMG20221008003539.jpg
IMG_20221007_224119.jpg

IMG20221008000922.jpg

Are the crumbled up brown paper wads in front of your rig simulated boulders to go over to see how well your install holds up?? :rofl:
Seriously, great job and it looks awesome!
If you do a point by point break down of the install and want to document it, perhaps post it in the manuals sticky thread as a How-To. GX 460 Manuals

Nice work! How well does bottom of bumper line up with front skid plate? Do you still have OEM skids in place?

I did the install of my Ironman Classic on my 2015 by myself, and it sucked. I also wish I would have gone with the premium, as the classic required a lot more trimming than I had anticipated by the limited pics online. These pics further reinforce that.

Nice work! How well does bottom of bumper line up with front skid plate? Do you still have OEM skids in place?
It overlaps actually, most people have been cutting the factory skid plates because of that. I instead let the IM4x4 overlap and didn't bolt it since I am upgrading those skid plates soon. It really is secure as is and didn't need to be bolted so that was the easiest way out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom