Help in NC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 94 80. I have had it for 10 years. it has 204k. It has started to make some strange noises and is vibrating a lot. I have had lot's of work done by the Local Toyota dealer over the years. The standard of service and the skill level sucks. I need a good assessment done and a direction to head. Are there any real Land Cruiser mechs in the coastal NC area that I can look to for help. I will be grateful for any help in the right direction.

you may want to post this in the old north state cruisers forum in the clubs section. lot of guys down east in there

Where you at in coastal NC? The bulk of the club members are in the Raleigh, Durham and Greensboro area with a few out in Asheville and Charlotte. There are a few of us guys in the redneck Jacksonville/Cherry Point chapter.;) Seriously, tons of great guys in the NC, SC, and VA clubs that will be able to help you out via the interwebs and in person if you come to a meeting or two. (shameless club plug)

What kind of noises and vibrations? Power on, power off, turning, straight line? Any smoke, wierd smells, leaks? You can start with the usual stuff, check for play in the driveline, shafts, U-joints, brakes. Jack the front and rear and look for play in the hubs and bearings, drop the fluids and look for metal in the diffs and T-case if you suspect that. Lots of easy things to check out. If you want a good local mechanic to take a look, stop up at Baldree's in Havelock. The Owner, Gary is a great guy and is friendly to the cruiser community. I've had him do a little work for me that I didn't have the time to do, good prices, great work. Tell him that some ONSG guys sent you over

Stop on over, we don't bite:grinpimp: NC- Olde North State Cruisers

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom