Help identifying wire connector (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 1995 Land Cruiser. The oil level sensor was faulty so I took it out on the advice of other posts here hoping to clean it and stick it back in. The float was cracked in half so I will end up buying a new one. My question is about a stray connector I found when I was under there. I just had to have the head gasket replaced. I got it back and it was leaking a fair bit of oil. I was hoping it was the sensor leaking but no such luck. It looks like it is coming from the oil pan gaskets, maybe both. When I took out and inspected the oil level sensor, I noticed a stray plug with a snapped off male end stuck in the female end. It looks identical or very close to the oil sensor plastic connector. The oil sensor wire travels up to a cable of clustered wires. This stray connector is coming out of the same cluster where the oil sensor wire enters. At first I thought it was the other end of the oil sensor wire, but now, I don't think so. It must connect under the manifold there on the drivers side but I can't see anything or feel any place it would go. Anybody have any idea?

Photos always help. Every connector hosing has the part number cast into the rear face. I could crawl under one of mine and try to find it for you, but I have a less than a 50% chance of guessing correctly.

The wire harness repair manual I posted in the Resources section is annotated with the usage of several connector housings, based on information I put together when I replaced my headgasket last year. You'll find the numbers in the sections on waterproof housings; they are segregated by numbers of terminals. Count the terminals in the male housing you have and see if it's one that's identified as to use.

If not, post a photo (it would be nice to do that in any case), and the part number (the last five digits will be on the housing) and I'll help you find your missing harness tie-in.

Last edited:
Photos always help. Every connector hosing has the part number cast into the rear face. I could crawl under one of mine and try to find it for you, but I have a less than a 50% chance of guessing correctly.

The wire harness repair manual I posted in the Resources section is annotated with the usage of several connector housings, based on information I put together when I replaced my headgasket last year. You'll find the numbers in the sections on waterproof housings; they are segregated by numbers of terminals. Count the terminals in the male housing you have and see if it's one that's identified as to use.

If not, post a photo (it would be nice to do that in any case), and the part number (the last five digits will be on the housing) and I'll help you find your missing harness tie-in.
Thanks. I found it. Knock sensor.

IMG_1476.jpg

Those harness pigtails are long enough to allow you to crimp a new terminal onto the harness wire and resinsert it into the housing. Ballenger has them.
1684268205075.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom