Help, I can't get my KDSS sway bar back on after lift (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I installed Dobinson 2.5" struts on my 18 GX460 tonight and took the sway bar loose to get everything in. I got the drivers side back together but the passenger side is 2" above the bolt holes. Am I missing something?

Nevermind, Just rewatched the video from Yotamafia and I took the sway bar apart at the wrong spot. Needed to take the clam shells off under the skid plate not at the control arms. I'll give it another shot tomorrow.

Reactions: r2m
I had a similar issue when installing my lift, if I'm understanding your issue correctly. I had to get a jack on the opposite side of the fixed kdss mount and lift the sway bar to drop the opposite side down until the disconnected side raises to the height needed to get it bolted back together.

I had a similar issue when installing my lift, if I'm understanding your issue correctly. I had to get a jack on the opposite side of the fixed kdss mount and lift the sway bar to drop the opposite side down until the disconnected side raises to the height needed to get it bolted back together.
Thanks, I will try that first but in the video the guy takes the sway bar loose from the Kdss system under the skid plate. It look super simple that way.

Never take the sway bar off at the control arms… always do it at the piston and the static link.

Never take the sway bar off at the control arms… always do it at the piston and the static link.
I had to really pry the static link to get it to bolt back up, like 2 inches. Did I need spacers here? Dobinson acted like I didn't

I had to really pry the static link to get it to bolt back up, like 2 inches. Did I need spacers here? Dobinson acted like I didn't
I’d put spacers in… they give you more droop and allow for a larger spare in the rear.

What? It takes like 5 minutes to put the KDSS sway bar back on after completely removing it from the LCAs and piston / static link…you just have to re-attach it to the LCAs first…

yeah if you take it off at the piston after that… seems like extra work

I used a lady slipper and just muscled it in. I took the sway bar off at the LCA and didn't have an issue getting it back on.

Just make sure that the bleeder bolts are backed off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom