HELP!!! Got the wrong clutch for my Mark's Adapter (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
just started to put the engine in....the fingers of the clutch hit the throwout bearing when the engine is still 1" from the adapter. if i pull it in with bolts i will not have enough travel to use the clutch! the kit i have adapts a 4 speed to a chevy using chevy flywheel and clutch. if anybody has this kit and could tell me what application they used for their clutch i would be extremely grateful!!!!!

thanks!
Max

not even any advice?

Sounds like the wrong pressure plate............Chevys of the 60's used 2 different clutches.........the easiest way to tell is the T/O bearing.

One is about 1" longer than the other..........of course you're not using the Chev bearing..........

Try going to Napa or equivalent and try to find someone smart, and get them to browse the catalog and compare..........

the pressure plate when on the bench fingers up.....are they somewhat flat or cone-shaped? sounds like you need the 'flat' one......

Are you using 10-1/2" or 11" clutch?

It's been a long time but if I recall it's the difference is like say a Big Block Corvette compared to a Lo-Po V8 Camaro or 6 cyl.............all my experience was with the 10-1/2"

try 1 from and 85 chevy 2 wheel drive they used a slave and were short throw also are you using a diafram clutch the 3 finger will give you problems hope this helps

thanks for the help guys....turns out i needed to get a custom centerforce clutch made just for this app. Only 180 so not too bad. also, after a little calling around, a clutch from a 57 chev with a 283 would work also, but i chose not to go with it because that would have some weak sauce holding power.

thanks guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom