Help fellow Mudder look at an 80 thats for sale in LA area (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, Hope you don't mind me jumping into your forum but i'm looking for a little help. I sold my built UZJ100 about a year and a half ago and can't stand not having a cruiser, so I'm looking into an 80 in the LA area. I also built up 97 FZJ80 and was active in both the 80 and 100 forums for quite a long time and regret selling both of them. I'm looking for a clean built FZJ80 and found the following 94 for sale in the LA area: 1994 White Built 80.

I'm located in Kansas City and looking for anyone who might be willing to take a look at it for me and dig into it before I make a trip out to LA myself. I don't know how active the guy is who has this for sale within your club if at all, but I would rather have a current cruiser owner give me a true evaluation of it if possible.

Potential issues:
Factory lockers will not engage due to center diff lock not engaging when put into 4 Low. (seller provided that info) This could just be a problem with the center diff lock sensor/actuator, but not for sure.

Hood does not look like its sitting correctly. Looks like the hood is sitting a bit higher than the finders toward the front. Not sure if this is a simple adjustment of the hood or if its been wrecked or if its my eyes playing tricks on me. I'm fairly picky so I would like to know if the pictures really represent how clean the truck really is.

Seller has said that the shop he owns (2KRacing) has replaced the head gasket as preventative maintenance. would like to make sure the motor is strong and transmission shifts smoothly.

In all it "looks" to have all the baseline goodies. Just want to make sure Its a solid rig, as you can imagine.

Any help you guys might be able to provide would be great.

Best,

Zane Zwerenz

Last edited:
Hi Zane,
I purchased a parts truck a few years back and had Mark from Mark's offroad come with me to inspect it. I paid him a nominal fee to make sure everything was good. He is apart of the LA Country Trailcrew with us and he would be the most qualified to check it out "for a fee".

I am a bit overloaded with my truck, work, and other things to take a look at it.