HELP 1994 Toyota Landcruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

well i finally got it all straight..i was a combination of bad NEW NGK plugs and NEW wires..i replaced both the plugs and the wires again returned them and got new ones and it solved the problem..it is now running smooth and better power the it ever has as long as i have owned it..the only problem is since i cleaned the throttle body very well..it was grimmy..its now idleing at 1100 rpms and 850 to 900 in gear. Would you think it prob just needs an idle adjustment? Is there a idle adjustment on the throttle body?..i did not see one right off hand. But between the full tuneup and cleaning the MAF, throttle body, and changed fuel filter..i am so happy my LC is back on the road. While looking for the problem i also did a compression check and all cyl. came back even between 155 and 160 psi..not to bad for 195000 miles and the org. motor and head.

Yeah really i am glad as well..you got any ideas on that high idle?:bang:

Nice job figuring it out. Sorry that we weren't more help. What did you use to clean the TB? I had the exact same symptoms on my 95 T100 after I cleaned the TB, and it turned out that I had cleaned off a special film that helps the butterfly seal. This allowed more air in. The cost to me was a used TB. It might be worthwhile to start a new thread about the high idle. Have you pulled the intake tube to make sure there isn't anything stuck in there? Did you clean the IAC valve? Does it help to apply reverse pressure to the throttle linkage?

HTH,

Dan

thanks you guys were actually lots of help..i have not cleaned the IAC yet and the intake tube is clear..to clean the throttle body i used throttle body spray cleaner..

I don't remember if the IAC is below the TB on the cruiser and it is dark and cold out. If it is, crud from the TB could have run down in there and jammed it.

The other possibility is that if you had the battery disconnected, you reset the fuel mixture settings. It will take about a dozen starts for it to level out. Try starting it, let it run for 1 min, shut off X5

will do i sm going to pull out the IAC this weekend and clean it..i am pretty sure it is on the side of the TB..and i will try the 5x starts

I changed out the Idle Air Control Sensor, TPS, Plugs, Wires, Cap, rotor and the Intake hose which i found on ebay for $108 dollars. And i still have a check engine light on and it still misses at low RPM's. I just order the Fuel Pump Relay for it and i have the fuel filter for it.

Lighten up 702FJ80. It's his 4th post. At least he was searching the forum for help instead of asking dumbass newbie questions! Let's not turn this into Pirate. We're here to help.

Welcome Damon!

I went from having 4 codes to only having 1 code, and its saying Exhaust is to rich, what would make that happen.

Lighten up 702FJ80. It's his 4th post. At least he was searching the forum for help instead of asking dumbass newbie questions! Let's not turn this into Pirate. We're here to help.

Welcome Damon!
Thank you sir,

Welcome Damon!

Instead of wasting your time on this, how about instructing him to start a new post so he gets some actual answers to his problem?

Here.......

Damon, you should start a new thread with a specific question and what you have done so far and people will be quick to help out. :beer:

I went from having 4 codes to only having 1 code, and its saying Exhaust is to rich, what would make that happen.

Damon: What year, make model? Engine types vary from 91-97. It is very possible it's the FPR. Do you have a Factory Service Manual (FSM) for it? If not, do a search on here for your year and model.

Check under your hood, I believe you have the 3FE (I'm not sure on the older ones), mine is a 96 with the 1FZ-FE, which has been deemed to be the best one.

Make sure you concentrate on 1994 models. Also search on the cap, rotor, wires, and plugs. It seems from the majority of the posts, these things seems to be sensitive to OEM Toyota parts. You can find the parts through CruiserDan (usually called CDan) or Beno and they give really great discounts to 'Mud members. You can also check with your local Toyota Dealer to see if they will match internet pricing. Sometimes they can be about the same price as the aftermarket parts stores after all the discounts.

Save yourself some $$$ and find the 1994 manual (electronic or hard copy) and follow the diagnosis steps in it. (The 1996 version is NOT what you need.) Throwing money at parts just hoping it will fix it will just make it a huge money pit.

Good Luck!

Im sure its a 1994, I work for a local car dealership and i ran the VIN number when i first got it. The one code i do have is a number 26

Most likely O2 sensors, '93 to early '95 is a 1FZFE pre ODBII and has a history of requiring frequent O2 sensor replacements as compared to late '95 to '97 versions that are ODBII. Keep up the good work searching the forum. :bounce:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom