Headlight assemblies (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I walked out to my 98 Cruiser at lunch and found a rock chipped driver's side headlight assembly. Looked briefly online but all I saw was a $200+ replacement and a couple on fee-bay with broken tabs. Any other options you fine folks would recommend? Thanks for the help!

Hard to beat OEM. It's either new, used or salvage parts from a used one. The cheapest way would be to buy one of the broken tabbed headlamps, throw both headlamps in the oven and swap the glass.

I recently replaced my driver side with an OEM headlight assembly for $168 delivered from I belive toyotapartzone.com.

Looked so good I went ahead and bot the other side and installed the HIR bulbs for the low beams and I can finally see the road again. I still have the old passenger side old one that is fine but not quite as shiny.

Buy the one with broken tabs and swap the lens out. Make sure it's OEM though

Buy the one with broken tabs and swap the lens out. Make sure it's OEM though

Thanks for the replies. I think I'll look at the used market first. If I find one with a broken tab, what adhesive is best to reattach the lens?

Dwight:
I finally got all of the parts necessary to install Depo HID's so I will pull my oem headlights off my 1999 100 series this weekend. Driver side oem is in primo condition. I will post it up on classifieds if you don't want/need it, so just let me know if this headlight will solve your problem.

Dwight:
I finally got all of the parts necessary to install Depo HID's so I will pull my oem headlights off my 1999 100 series this weekend. Driver side oem is in primo condition. I will post it up on classifieds if you don't want/need it, so just let me know if this headlight will solve your problem.

Sent you a PM. Yes, it would help me.
Thanks!

Dwight- PM me when you plan on swapping the lens out if you go that route. I can get you some Butyl Glue for some pennies. We have tons of it laying around. I can walk you through the procedure if you would like as well.

-Nick

Thanks Nick, may have to talk to you about that. Louis is hooking me up with his takeoffs when he does his HID conversion this weekend. When I get them I'll swap the broken one and compare appearance with passenger side one. Louis said his passenger side has some condensation inside so I may need to break it open and reseal.

Thanks for all the help folks. Good to know a newbee with a mall cruiser can still get some help. I'll post pictures soon... (It's Riverock Green (1C3) with fender flares, running boards. Want to loose flares but paint rash under them makes me hesitate. Gotta keep running boards for 6 yr old and wife....)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom