Headlamp Wiper Relay 85276-14010 Under Emissions Computer ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Spike Strip

Goblin Mode Activated
SILVER Star
Threads
5/85 FJ60 - My entire headlamp cleaner apparatus (reservoir, tubing etc) has been removed.

I had forgotten about this Relay/Timer thing under Driver's kick panel and just under the the Emissions computer (photos below). I think it was for the large pump that was under the Headlamp Cleaner Reservoir.

I'm looking for a SWITCHED power source (for some interior gauge lights) and am wondering if I disconnect this thing and use the power line will anything else be affected? The Toyota wiring schematic gives me a headache.

Also, Anyone know what the cylindrical relay with it is for ? The 5E20.. Far as I can tell it's the 'Cooling Fan Relay' which means (I think) the Carburetor Cooling Fan, but am unsure.

IMG_20231125_122016779_HDR.jpg
IMG_20231125_122005707_HDR.jpg
IMG_20231125_113530091.jpg
IMG_20231125_113457709_HDR.jpg
IMG_20231125_113502659.jpg

Thanks.

I don’t know what the hell any of that is but…

If I recall … the cooling fan relay that controls the carb fan is a black box behind the PASSENGER kick panel (on 5/86 FJ60).

I needed a switched power source too for my little headlight warning buzzer and I tapped into the ENGINE fuse terminal on the fuse block from behind. The fuse block bolts are removed and it can come out far enough to access the rear of it.

It wasn’t too difficult.

I've been doing some research on this, this morning and it's a bit confusing.

There are TWO relays listed for the Carb Cooling Fan for 4/85 and later FJ60s, 85927-60040 and 90987-02004 : One is the what Toyota calls the 'Timer Relay' under the passenger kick panel (USA spec No 2 Cooling Fan Relay in EPC). The other is the one (No. 1 Cooling Fan Relay in EPC) shown in the above pix. Confusion is Toyota on-line parts schematics show both as one of those cylindrical relays, but if you google the No 2 Timer relay part number -60040, the black box timer shows up.

Anyway, I found those double green wires into single-spade for the Headlamp Washer Relay (above) gets 12v when the parking lamps are on. That should work fine.

I've already got a bunch of things tapped into the fuse box and I don't want to overload it, and I've also run out of room. This is just for a couple of small LED bulbs so not worried about draw.

Last edited:
i normally use as a go-to for ANY switched interior illumination feature needs ,

the OEM Cigarettes Lighter trim ring , because its a 4pin square locking latching connector plug and super easy to create a plug and play splice-point intersection , MOD free as far as cutting into any wires , and its a un-click , click #1 and click #2 and off you go , B+ and neg- ground both are there to , one stop shop that is already FUSED for heavy duty draw too ...

- there is ZERO reasons not to use this technique , and 1000+ ones to use it , :)

-

this is 1 side of one i created , you get the idea , one terminal B+ and NEG- ground will need 2 wires spiced together and crimped together , so u need a 10ga terminals is all ,,

eazy peezy ,

same exact method TOYOTA used in this same in kind situation ....

good time to update ALL the dreary Nucellar Fallout burned Green rubber caps to LED Color Temperature OEM GREEN too , or OEM Blue if you dare mr. SMOG CZAR ....:D

i think that @ChaserFJ60 , Chase applies something similar to one of his niche specialty products i believe too ... maybe he will add some valued TECH. here ?

DSCN3321.JPG
DSCN3322.JPG
IMG_8956.JPG
DSCN2344 (1).JPG

1700951003808.png

1700951045918.png

8E4E6778-AD5F-4BE1-BEB4-B9ADE3DC8051.jpeg

Last edited:
Well, if you would've sent me some of those 4-pin connectors that might have been an alternative.

PXL_20231125_222802917.jpg

Last edited:
@ToyotaMatt

You should sell that 4-pin connector as a pigtail for power takeoff for small electronics!!

:idea::idea:

@ToyotaMatt

You should sell that 4-pin connector as a pigtail for power takeoff for small electronics!!

:idea::idea:

you are referring to these new additions to my kustum made in JAPAN male and female housings ?

- this married couple have a way way higher purpose soon to be un-veiled when time permits me to do just that , but they have a unique FJ62 bright and happy future for sure ,

- there also on a Late FJ40 to go from the wiper motor all through the windshield frame and tap into the actual wiper switch , among many other unique FJ40 , FJ60 and FJ62 and HJ and BJ same in kind ....

- i got asked way too many times to create a Extension cord of sors by FJ60 Owners , to tap into a un-used FEMALE of this profile OEM plug connector , and it then feeds exactly what your looking for as well from a un-used non-usa mystery female to then cross across the switch panel and then feed the OEM Cyclometer that correctly locates in the silly sandwich box ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom