Heading to Uwharrie tomorrow 6/14 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm taking the LX up to uwharrie tomorrow morning if anyone is in the area and wants to ride. Probably get there around 9-9:30 in the morning and ride most of the day before heading home. I may try Dickey Bell if I can group up with some people, but otherwise will be sticking to the easier trails.

I love weekday wheeling. Wish I could join but I have a doctor appointment in the morning and a doggy doctor appointment in the afternoon.

It was both awesome and spooky to have it to myself haha. I stopped at the outpost and got a map ( and a biscuit) and went down 553 to where I think rocky mountain loop crossed the road. I followed 92 up. That first rocky section on 92 was nerve racking with no spotter haha. Then around to 90 (dutch john?). I went down that hill instead of up the way I was coming, which was also a little nerve racking. Looks like it would be a lot of fun to climb.

I came out right at Falls Dam and had to vent my gas tank for about 15 minutes because it had built so much pressure. I thought about doing falls dam, but when I got to that first rocky section I figured I should just head home since I was alone and really didn't want to have to walk out if I damaged something with no spotter.

The trail system is awesome, very well marked and well kept. I can't wait to go back with a group. Maybe I can talk my wife into coming back with her FJC.
20210614_102819.jpg
VideoCapture_20210614-154713.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom