Head light issue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I had this problem before that stumped me, when I took my truck to AllToy on Kamloops for the BEB, I had them check it out and they said it was a loose connector. :meh: OK fine.

Now I've done it again when I disconnected my High Beam connector in my attempt to tap the power lead , to trigger a relay for my aux lights. I've since removed the tap

Drivers side, on a RHD, high beam out.
Low beam is dim
When on low beam the low beam is still dim.
I have no 12v power to my high beam connector when on high.
Low beam connector untouched.
No fuses blown in panel below stearing wheel.
Passenger side is fine, always has been.

Why would I have no power on the high beam female connector?
Why would the low beam light be dim on high or low beam?
Why is the otherside untouched?
How was this fix by the mechanic as an incidental "Loose Connection"?

WHAT CONNECTION :bang:

Of course this happens just before a week long road trip to the coast. :clap:

You may have a bad bulb.

It's not always the "power" that gets switched, sometimes it the "ground."

~John

Ok, back from my trip to the coast. I have checked the wiring and all seems sound. I have wiggled and moved harnesses and still have nothing. The H4 low beam is fine, the H1 high beam I even replaced. When on low the H4 appears a bit dim, when on high the H1 is out and the H4 appears very dim - won't even reflect off my wall. Other side is fine and obviously not part of this troubled circuit.

Am I missing a fuse? The ones under the dash, by the door appear fine? The headlight isn't labeled, so I am assuming is part of another labeled fuse.

Oh how quickly my truck humbles me :confused:

Have you tried using a multi-meter to measure voltage at the headlight connector? I usually disconnect the connector from the headlight and measuring the terminals connections for the headlight in reference to battery ground.

I then perform the same check using the grounding pin in the headlight connector to compare results.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom