Hdj100 maintenance (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am importing a 1998 HDJ101 with 60k miles from Japan. I am planning the usual maintenance stuff like oil and air filters. However, what parts do you recommend replacing … timing belt, hoses, brakes? What replacement parts would you order and carry around for long trips?

Belts maybe, I put new ones on and kept the old ones just in case of emergency. Diesel fuel lubricity additive, I use this because North Americas diesel is not the same(ethanol blend) and our old Injection pumps will thank you for using it. I also have a tow strap, of course to help people out on the trail that might be stuck. The only issue(knock on wood) I’ve had while adventuring the wilderness is the brushes in the alternator completely wore out and I was left with only battery power and no charge, I was able to get home on just that. If you stay on top of routine maintenance your truck will surprise you with its reliability. Change all your fluids to give it a good refresh and it last another 10 years(aside from your regular oil and fuel filter changes).

When I got my 05 1HDFTE with 80k kms on the clock (back in Philippines), first thing I did was the EGR. I know the low quality diesel back home so I just had to do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom