Hawse Fairlead and synthetic rope (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm about finished with the center section of my front bumper and I wanted to start looking at ordering a hawse fairlead and some synthetic rope. I dont want to install the roller fairlead since i'm keeping the bumper up tight on the truck, and it probably would drop below the bottom line of the bumper.

any recommendations on a quality (skinny-ish) fairlead? Any particular brand of synthetic rope to avoid?

thanks!

If you ever came to the meetings you would know the consensus is that metal rope is better. :rolleyes:
We had a long discussion about this two months ago.

If you ever came to the meetings you would know the consensus is that metal rope is better. :rolleyes:
We had a long discussion about this two months ago.

damn! I know im bad at making the meetings.....:grinpimp:

well maybe I can find a smaller roller fairlead cause the one I have from Warn is going to look crazy huge on the bumper :hmm:

Hmmm...I was at that meeting and we discussed the pros and cons of each type of line. Over all, for me I think synthetic is better--although I know at times metal could be better--like when having to pull over a rock. There are pros and cons to both.:flamingo:

I am using warns fairlead and the rope that came with the winch. Have yet to do a serious pull with it.

Per our conversation earlier today Matt: IMO if you're going syn, and I believe in this stuff after the past 1-year+ of using it, (from Jereme's referral of same to me a year+ ago) go all the way or stay with steel: Masterpull Superline XD. Cry once.

Winch Rope Master-Pull Superline XD Winch Ropes

Hmmm...I was at that meeting and we discussed the pros and cons of each type of line. Over all, for me I think synthetic is better--although I know at times metal could be better--like when having to pull over a rock. There are pros and cons to both.:flamingo:

I am using warns fairlead and the rope that came with the winch. Have yet to do a serious pull with it.
I just wanted a reason to give Matt some crap.:grinpimp:

I just wanted a reason to give Matt some ****.:grinpimp:

Ya....And rightly so. Come to the meetings Matt!--Bring your waders it gets pretty thick in there sometimes;p

Spresso--your right about crying:crybaby:525.00 for 3/8 @85ft.--ouch

Per our conversation earlier today Matt: IMO if you're going syn, and I believe in this stuff after the past 1-year+ of using it, (from Jereme's referral of same to me a year+ ago) go all the way or stay with steel: Masterpull Superline XD. Cry once.

Winch Rope Master-Pull Superline XD Winch Ropes

Thanks Dan! Did you check out the truck before you left? Ray and I are going to finish sanding and buffing the quarter panel to match the rest of the paint. I also have a few more tabs to add to the top of the frame mounts on the bumper. Good seeing you today!

I just wanted a reason to give Matt some crap.:grinpimp:
I see how it is! Haha

I just wanted a reason to give Matt some ****.:grinpimp:

Ya....And rightly so. Come to the meetings Matt!--Bring your waders it gets pretty thick in there sometimes;p

Spresso--your right about crying:crybaby:525.00 for 3/8 @85ft.--ouch

Its been like 2 years since I've been..... Ill try and make the next one now that the truck is back on the road.

Here's a shot of the bumper.... Looks a little goofy so far but it should turn out nice when finished.
IMG00113-20110317-0940.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom