has anyone else noticed? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i was trying to figure out what the fj cruiser reminded me of and than it hit me...!!!!!!!!!!!

it looks exactly like a dc3 air plane......... seriously check it out.
call me crazy.

this is what i mean!
dc3.jpg

yeah i can see it. at first i didn't but when i look at both side by side there is a similarity.

here's a side by side for ya
Copy of Copy01.jpg
dc3.jpg

I have to say that you're right on this one :eek:
strange, strange......

I see some resemblance, except for the big, sharp looking, spinny things on the DC3 ;)

Someone is not smoking a legal substance!! :flipoff2:

huh!!!

Actually the implications of me being an illegal narcotics user are complely false
Its merely a situation where someone is using both sides of there brain to come to an intelligent conclusion on the artistic foundations of the basic design of the new toyota landcruiser.
the acusations of a person suggestiing that i would have to be an illegal drug user to come to my conclusions only show the simple mindedness of the accuser.

An example of such design elements were best displayed in ducati motorcycles head designer pierre teblanche when he designed the 999 sport bike. he was quoted as having used everything from a vintage film projector to a highspeed passenger rail liner.

obviously by the picture you display on your profile... you dont always think things out before you act on them!!!!!!

MITCH

the 916/996/998 were half the motorcycle in comparison to the 999
one needs to approach the 999 in person to trully acknowledge the design elements. pierre terblanche is an artist. he designs usable motorcycles.
the point i was trying to make was the lack of tact that was displayed when it was implied that i was not in a clear mind.
obviously what we have here is somebody with very little knowledge in automotive design exercises.
there is no need to make accusations and then to tell me to f@# off.
its pretty pathetic actually. anyone who would do this is clearly my intellectual inferior, and i think that i have proven that

...... Or maybe im just being overly sensitive

You are being WAY, WAY overly sensative. His remark was completely harmless and in fun.

On the other hand...

I find some automotive designers, (present company excluded, of course) to be the ruin of the industry. They need to see something different and unique and make it ugly and un-sellable. Take the Cadillacs and the Aztec for example. There are folk in many artistic fields who do the same thing. The more educated they get, the futher away from mainstream they move. Bad enough in sculpture, terrible in automotive design.

i think that it is unfair to compare the fj cruiser to the aztek.....
i can understand your opinions on the subject.... but i think that we need to understand that this is the way it is, and the main buying public likes it that way.
take a look at the demographics.... we are the minority. Appreciate things today for what they are. And continue to hold on to the past with our vintage toyota's for the reasons WE bought them in the first place.

I apologize for being sensitive, just don't really appreciate being belittled by unintelligence.

Lets all just be friends!!!!!! :cheers:

Hey mitch I only say this because I see you're pretty new to the forum, but I don't think any harm was or is meant by anything said here. Some of the guys on here are just like that and give everyone, no matter how right or wrong one is, a lot of shiat like they just did to you.

P.S. Don't be offended when you get told your bezel is upside down

you guys are right..... I apologize for getting a little excited..... I usually enjoy watching somebody getting buried by the ih8mud addicts...(ie. the tacoma guy who posted the picture of the sas taco.... that was funny).
I now feel bad for coming on so strong.
I'm sure ill have an upside down bezel or two :)

look forward to conversing on a more reserved level

sincerely mitch

Hey, man, no problems. I do see the similarities...but I still think you're on crack for recognizing it! :D

mitcher said:
I'm sure ill have an upside down bezel or two :)

or two??? If you have more than one you'll be :ban: from the board!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom