Has anyone done the turbodiesel swap on a us spec? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just curious if anyone has done a turbo diesel swap on a US spec 80 or 100 series Landcruiser. I was just thinking about how easy it is to get loads of torque out of the diesel motor and was just curious if this had been done yet, and if so, what was involved?

Re: Has anyone done the turbodiesel swap on a us s

I was just thinking about how easy it is to get loads of torque out of the diesel motor

Uh, that is a joke right? 8)

No one that I know of in the US has done this swap, at least not to the Toy diesel. The cheapest route would likely be just to bring in a whole truck - .... remember doing it is one thing - doing it right is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Ah, Junk, you are a newbie. Wufwuf (that was his screen name) did it (or had it done) on a 91 or 92. It was for sale some time last year, but not sure if he did sell it or not. Real name David Collier if I remember correctly.

I think that I would buy Ben Swain's German 80, But, it's too late. He sold it.................. :banana: :banana:

Ah, Junk, you are a newbie. Wufwuf (that was his screen name) did it (or had it done) on a 91 or 92. It was for sale some time last year, but not sure if he did sell it or not. Real name David Collier if I remember correctly.
Was that the dude that was in Houston - had something like 350k miles on it?  You should change your screen name to Yellow Thong! :flipoff2: :D

Looks like I'm going to be on my own on this. Should be fun :)

Rupertaker - hit some of the 80's intl guys offlist like GC, Nermie etc and ask them. I'm not even sure if you'd have to go the whole tcase route too, but I'm sure that someone is OZ has swapped a stinkie in for a petro.

Good luck dude, and PLEASE keep us posted.

Rupertaker

As Christo mentions, there was a conversion done a few years ago, and I'm fairly sure the engine was purchased from SOR.

Currently, the diesel 80 is owned by a fellow cruiserhead, Dana Adams, in Van Nuys, California. I think he is currently replacing the bearing failure problem associated with the turbo diesels.

His email is: fj40dana@hotmail.com

He occasionally posts on LCML, 80scool, and the dtlc lists, and is a great guy / informed cruiserhead!

hope this helps

Joe

Hey guys--

Thanks for the info. I'll be getting in contact with Dana, along with the others, as soon as I get a chance. Should be picking up a 100 series within the next few weeks and we will go from there.:)

I'll update everyone on the project.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom