Harrop E-Locker (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Correct. Harrop doesn’t offer a locker for SF applications and I highly doubt they ever will due to the design of the locker itself. There just isn’t toom for a window to install the c-clips for the SF axles.

Georg @ Valley Hybrids & Cruiser Brothers

@Spike Strip --- Just over this very issue, I have just finished an 80 series FF swap into the rear of my FJ62. I highly recommend this. The swap itself is easy, but the peripherals take a ton of time. You'll need to change, brake MC, eBrak cable, Make new rear brake lines, etc. As a bonus, you get great disc brakes, a so-so eBrake and cool factor. You also need to deal with the width thing up front. But it's still a good thing, and you get to run an ELocker out back. But if that's too much, an ARB works fine, and I even have a 4.56 ARB just rebuilt by ZUK we could make a deal on. Though now that I think about it, it's FF only too. One more reason to swap!

And, you need 16 inch wheels too!

9F8321DD-87F1-48CA-B5D7-9FC7839E356F.jpeg

13220841-D881-44D7-9849-3D0790709867.jpeg

39430233-21E4-4765-ABF9-16A9FFA7318E.jpeg

Or you can do what I did and watch the for sale section. I have a 60 FF in mine and saving my pennies for a Harrop locker.

Or you can do what I did and watch the for sale section. I have a 60 FF in mine and saving my pennies for a Harrop locker.

A 60 FF would have been nice but they are as rare as hen's teeth. Where as 80 axles are available seemingly everywhere, which solves the spares problem. I got the first one from a local dismantler for $300. Paid a bit more for #2, but then it was in better shape. Even the calipers held pressure and were good to go as is. It's like a free rear disc conversion. The only issue is the front width. I've addressed with spacers, but over time, will address with a wider axle from RoughStuff.

And, @Willard , I can Highly recommend the Harrops. This is my 4th one installed. You will be very happy with that purchase.

The only issue is the front width. I've addressed with spacers, but over time, will address with a wider axle from RoughStuff.

And, @Willard , I can Highly recommend the Harrops. This is my 4th one installed. You will be very happy with that purchase.

Kinda side tracking from the original topic but have you considered ifs front hubs for axle width instead of spacers?
Throw away the wheel spacers (IFS hubs to widen your front axle)
Nets about three inches. Agreed the full float upgrade is the way to go!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom