Hardtop re-instalation (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok this summer I took the top APART on my '71 because it leaked and I wanted to cruise around without it. Now that I've fixed the rust spots and it is getting cooler (wetter) weather I'm ready to put the top back together and on the truck. My question is, does anyone know of a cheaper place to get the weatherstripping pieces than at SOR?

CCOT has a much less expensive one, but IMHO it is not as thick as OEM. Another thing you might want to do is beat down the very common "puckers" in the hardtop sides where the roof bolts. Someone had gorilla'd the fasteners and drawn the metal up like a volcano. And don't overtightrn the bolts when you reattach it. Maybe even some fender washers on the bolt side.

GL

Ed

Try your local Toyota dealer for the roof packing, or any parts that haven't been discontinued.

My parts guy gives me a 15% discount, and i don't have to pay shipping across 3000 miles from California. The parts usually arrive in a day and are available for pickup on Saturdays. Sweet.

Uh oh yeah, I am a proponent of OEM parts. They might cost more, but they fit right, are the best quality and may even last longer. I've had my FJ40 for 23 years. i'm in for the long haul.

I second the Toyota Dealer, I get a 25% discount and don't pay shipping locally, or CruiserDan will give you a similar deal. SOR is just re-selling what you can get yourself from the Toy dealer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom