Hand written notes on year changes from 1958 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I brought a few manuals and found these hand written notes inside the manuals.

iphone5 001.JPG

iphone5 002.JPG

iphone5 003.JPG

iphone5 004.JPG

iphone5 005.JPG

Last edited:
Not sure about Australia but for the US market those notes do not match changes in the US. All FJ25s thru 1960 had the four speed with single speed transfer case. Knob update was with the 68 model which started 9/67. 68 model had the amber reflectors on the front apron as well as the 69 model. 70-74 had a light on the aprron. 75 the side marker light was on the turn signal.

june 74 redesign of the turn light? for the 75' model?

maybe notes from a dealer? notes written in 75' going from memory?

dont have lots of time today to dig into all the notes.... BUT.... its very interesting :)

anything else written in the manuals? what manuals?

Unless Australia was completely different I'm seeing as many wrong dates as correct. 4.2 liter engine was 1/75 not 4/75 same with wiper location. Turn signal was also 1/75 not mid 74. New oil system was all 74 models not a mid year change. Three to four speed was a mid 74 change along with rear license plate bracket that changed to a two lamp design. 4/75 was the date of the gear change in the transfer case. Dual vacuum booster for the brakes changed with the 76 model and disc brakes on the front axle later in 75. That's only looking at a few pages.

No these where the only hand written notes I found but the owners son told me he sold a few other manuals before I brought what was left.

iphone5 001.JPG

iphone5 002.JPG

iphone5 003.JPG

iphone5 004.JPG

iphone5 005.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom