HAMOM - October 27th (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

GREAT turnout! GREAT time!
Thanks for coming! I think everyone had a successful wrenching session, not rigs were abandoned here!
Let's do it again soon!

Big thanks again to Eric @Land Speeder for hosting us at his house today. We got so much done on several rigs and the weather was perfect! There will definitely be more of these to come.

2A942B1C-263C-49D7-B4A6-CCE73027E802.jpeg

Big thanks again to Eric @Land Speeder for hosting us at his house today. We got so much done on several rigs and the weather was perfect! There will definitely be more of these to come.

View attachment 1818757

Huge thanks Eric for your hospitality and your assistance! Pretty awesome to see Dixieland coming together. Let’s keep it up!

Looks like you guys had a good day. Awesome to see the club getting traction. Keep up the good work guys.

Son of A!...Haven’t been very active on the forum recently and just saw this. I’m in for the next planned weekend.

Any one wrenching on black friday? I need to swap a new CV axle in and will lend a hand on anyone else's rig.

Any one wrenching on black friday? I need to swap a new CV axle in and will lend a hand on anyone else's rig.

I’m wheeling at HPO!
Shoulda done it in my driveway today! Been out here all day...

I’m wheeling at HPO!
Shoulda done it in my driveway today! Been out here all day...
I would have, but I had church and Thanksgiving and then work. I've done the front end before but I didnt get the preload done properly and had to replace the bearings on a crosscountry trip.

Did you get the ARBs in?

I would have, but I had church and Thanksgiving and then work. I've done the front end before but I didnt get the preload done properly and had to replace the bearings on a crosscountry trip.

Did you get the ARBs in?
You don't have to touch the hub or bearings to replace the CV axle. Just take the dust boot off, take off snap ring, unbolt upper ball joint and then take out axle from diff.

Did you get the ARBs in?

Three failed attempts. I have help MUCH better than me showing up literally this morning to properly install them and wire the compressor!
They should be in by this afternoon. I may button up the axles this evening. Maybe tomorrow evening.

You don't have to touch the hub or bearings to replace the CV axle. Just take the dust boot off, take off snap ring, unbolt upper ball joint and then take out axle from diff.
You're right. I was thinking about when I swapped in new rotors and repacked the hubs on the old 100. Its been about five years since I've done that myself.

I'm still cant tell if its the passenger or drivers side. These axles have 80k miles and a good bit of that was offroad, so if replacing the passenger side doesn't work, I'll order another for the drivers.

You're right. I was thinking about when I swapped in new rotors and repacked the hubs on the old 100. Its been about five years since I've done that myself.

I'm still cant tell if its the passenger or drivers side. These axles have 80k miles and a good bit of that was offroad, so if replacing the passenger side doesn't work, I'll order another for the drivers.
When you were turning in the parking lot, it sounded and felt like passenger. But we will have to take a closer look. Can you tell if the boots are torn on either one?

When you were turning in the parking lot, it sounded and felt like passenger. But we will have to take a closer look. Can you tell if the boots are torn on either one?
I looked, but dont see grease slung. Cant really tell, but the noise started after the Arkansas trip.

Help a Member Out Month - October 27th

Dixieland Cruisers will have our first HAMOM meeting next Saturday, October 27th @ 8am. Bring your cruiser, parts/modifications, family, and favorite beverage(s). No matter if you have zero wrenching skills or are a certified cruiserhead mechanic like @Land Speeder, we are getting together to help each other out with maintenance or a project you would like help on. The project might be something you're comfortable doing yourself, or it might be a more difficult or larger project where you need more people to help get the job done or have another set of eyes.

If you are in the Greater Birmingham area, come by and lend a hand, point and laugh, or just hang out with fellow crusierheads.
When's the next wrench fest? I need a second set of eyes more than hands but will help anyone else

When's the next wrench fest? I need a second set of eyes more than hands but will help anyone else
The in-laws are in town this weekend, so I'm out. I may be able to get away Sunday after church though. Anyone else free Sunday afternoon?

I can be free Sunday afternoon I bet.
Tell me where to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom