For Sale h55f trans and split case SOLD (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a used h55 transmission and transfer case for sale. mileage unknown. I have had it for almost 3 years and have put 12-15k miles on it in that time. 8500 of those miles in last 6 weeks. I replaced the front and rear output shaft seals on it when I got it. It does not pop out of any gears and does not grind any gears. I will include all the shifters for the transfer and trans. shifter is for left hand drive vehicle. The input shaft for this trans is the 2f/3fe/2h/12ht variety. I can deliver it to southern cruiser crawl in hot springs Arkansas in a couple of weeks. There will be lots of mud guys at the crawl so mudship may be a good option. I can also ship it Fastenal.

2600 as is or for 3k I'll install a terrain tamer rebuild kit in the tcase and post up all the rebuild photos here.
romascosyrev@hotmail.com

View attachment 1544371 View attachment 1544372

Huh, 2600 in USA... I was angry my H55F was last year here in Europe for around 600 :D

Location Location Location. Toyota in their wisdom decided with all our paved roads we didn't need our Land Cruisers with manual transmissions to have overdrive here in the US. Then with the 88 model that we didn't need a manual transmission period.

Buyer had a change of plans. Back up for grabs. Terrain tamer kit is installed here are some pics

20170929_181332_resized.jpg

Front output bearing being pressed in.
20171020_081015_resized.jpg

Front output installed and lock ring in place
20171020_081333_resized.jpg

Seal between the trans and tcase. Perfectly flush
20171020_082632_resized.jpg

Oil slinger

20171020_085554_resized.jpg

Yes, very solid. GLWS.

Looks great. What shim did you settle on for the output shaft bearing retainer race? I NEED a H55 bad... GLWS!

Looks great. What shim did you settle on for the output shaft bearing retainer race? I NEED a H55 bad... GLWS!

I used two shims and don’t recall the measurements of them. I think .64 and a .16 maybe. Rear output bearing preload was 19 or 20in.lbs which is within spec for new bearings. @orangefj45 sells some aftermarket shim kits which makes life easier than trying to order them one by one from the dealer.

Hey Roma, Long time no see. Could save you some delivery time! Would be nice to put in the White 60 I got in Murfreesboro, behind the 2F I go from you? Call me when you get a chance.
Thanks,
Gary

Hey Roma, Long time no see. Could save you some delivery time! Would be nice to put in the White 60 I got in Murfreesboro, behind the 2F I go from you? Call me when you get a chance.
Thanks,
Gary
Match made in heaven. This trans was behind that 2f you got from me. I'll give you a call this evening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom