H55F 5 Speed Install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well, I am finally doing it !! I am putting in a 5 speed !!

I am 1/2 the way there, here are a few photos of the job thus far:

New H55F from Mark's off Road and mud shipped by D'animal (Thanks Dan !!)

CIMG1950.jpg

The hired Help

CIMG1951.jpg

It's Out

CIMG1953.jpg

Getting Ready to Split the Case

CIMG1954.jpg

Case Split

CIMG1955.jpg

More to go... I plan on a complete T-Case rebuild and then putting the new trannny in.

:beer:

Mark

So are you able to get the transmission & transfer (together) out from under the truck on the transmission jack with just the front on ramps? Thanks.

It barely comes out, I strapped the tranny & t-case to the jack and had to tilt the jack a bit to allow the hump on the top of the tranny to clear the frame rail. Hope it goes in the same way.

Mark

nice tranny

hello mark,it's been a while since our S.F.O meet.it's good to hear that you finally got rid of that 4 speed.so how did the gear change work out on your diffs.?i notice that your tools have never hed any grease marks on it yet,nice job on the 2x4 helpers.me and kevin were planning on getting together for some installation of anti-theft switches.i guess were both busy with work at this time,i hope we could have another meet soon.keep us posted on this project.nice job.:Djohn

The 4.11's were a great upgrade. I can't wait to see how they will work with the new 5 speed. About the grease on my tools... you are welcome to get them greasy for me as long as they get used on my truck :)

Mark

Dude, unreal.

You are doing some great stuff on that rig.

My Brother won't even listen to me now when I talk about what you are doing to it.

Reason being, he is pissed he sold it. He is REALLY pissed he sold it. I can see it in his eyes and I revel in saying "I told you so."

However, I am glad to see it has gone to a fantastic home.

Looks great! How did everything look inside when you removed it? Any teeth missing or anything?

Hope you enjoy the 5 speed. It is nice seeing the buildup.

.me and kevin were planning on getting together for some installation of anti-theft switches.i guess were both busy with work at this time,i hope we could have another meet soon.keep us posted on this project.nice job.:Djohn

John

Let me know when is a good time on the weekend. We can do that work.

Looks great, Mark!

Those are 33's... What's the width, 9.5 or 10.5? I like the look.

And that's a nice tranny jack. Is that a Harbor Freight tool?

S.

Keep going..........more inspiration for me to buy one & install it;)

Kevin:

If you and John want to drive over to Redwood City, you are welcome to work on your cruisers and help me put the tranny back in.

Mark

Looks great, Mark!

Those are 33's... What's the width, 9.5 or 10.5? I like the look.

And that's a nice tranny jack. Is that a Harbor Freight tool?

S.

BFG 33 x 9.5

Yep.. It is a Harbor Freight Jack $180.00 including the ride.

Mark

Kevin:

If you and John want to drive over to Redwood City, you are welcome to work on your cruisers and help me put the tranny back in.

Mark

Let me know when are going to put it back in the cruiser.

I'll keep you updated the T-Case rebuild is taking some time at this point. Know any tricks for cleaning up caked on 20 year old grease off the t-case? I'm on my 3rd can of GUNK and I am jonesing for a power washer. :)

Mark

I'll keep you updated the T-Case rebuild is taking some time at this point. Know any tricks for cleaning up caked on 20 year old grease off the t-case? I'm on my 3rd can of GUNK and I am jonesing for a power washer. :)

Mark

I got a power washer, and I am in Redwood City.. Let me know if you need any help, try to sneak away for a couple hours..

Mark

Oven Cleaner ... But read the can and make sure safe for Aluminum.

You're going to love that five-speed! That was the single best upgrade I ever did. Mine has been behind a 350 for the last 100K, I have no idea how amny miles it had on it before that, but one thing is evident; they are very tough boxes with great gear spacing and a crisp, clean gear engagement. Top notch engineering!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom