H55 to Atlas?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anybody know for sure if Atlas mates to H55? Adapters available? I called AA and they didn't explicitly know, but are currently researching. I want to throw D70 in the rear (D60 up front). The split case is pass. offset. I could probably cut or re-tube the D70 to match the offset, but am skeptical as to the strength of the split case/D60/D70 combo. An Atlas case would be awesome. FYI: Don't want to get rid of the H55.

Any other cases known to replace the split case? ???

Its not exactly what your looking for but there's a new case out for cruisers that is a bolt in replacement for the stock case. It is a 4.0:1 ratio and a one piece cast iron design. I believe that it costs less than an atlas anyway. I'm surprised that AA didn't mention it to you when you called because they were promoting it a while back. It's called "Orion". There was a recent write up on it in a petersons a few months back in the toyota issue. Check it out its not exactly what your looking for (offset) but its an easy way to get gear reduction and added strength while keeping the H55.
ddwwxse

Yeah, thanks
I read about the Orion case and know that they are behind schedule on prod. models. Supposedly, now due in fall, but no date has been set on actual availability. Presales are underway, however. If Atlas/Orion can mate to H55 (needs hole for oiling cup for overdrive bearing), I'll go Atlas/Orion. Otherwise, guess I'll just go splitcase, retube, and thro a marlin box in...

Still open to suggestions, tho :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom