H42 Engine Swap Options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all, I'm looking at swapping my B engine to something newer/more readily available parts.
Aside from the 2B/3B engines, which others would be a direct fit to the H42 transmission?

I'm also considering a 1KZ-TE and a 1HZ as swap options.
Would these require a transmission and transferase swap?

You will be limited with a B input shaft on you H42. F/H engines were the same for a number of years. 10/85 the transmission made some changes and not sure how easy it would be switch inputs shafts with an earlier transmission. Not sure if later Toyota 4 cylinder diesel engine were compatible with B/2B. Not sure when but know the later 6 cylinder diesel engine are different than the F/2F/H/2H engine input shaft.

You will be limited with a B input shaft on you H42. F/H engines were the same for a number of years. 10/85 the transmission made some changes and not sure how easy it would be switch inputs shafts with an earlier transmission. Not sure if later Toyota 4 cylinder diesel engine were compatible with B/2B. Not sure when but know the later 6 cylinder diesel engine are different than the F/2F/H/2H engine input shaft.
So nothing really that would not require major modification or a complete trans swap? Are there any reputable rebuild kits out there for the B engine that can help this little bad guy last another 10+ years?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom