This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Good day one and all;

I have a 1978 BJ40 with the 'B' engine which is shot. Has anyone been able to drop anything other then another 'B' without running into a lot of problems? Just wondering.

Thanks,

Don

A 2F would probably be easiest. However, with time and money, almost anything is possible. We have people here installing Chevy LSs, VW diesels, MERC diesels, Cummins diesels, Toyota V8s, etc.

Easiest swap for a B will be something else from the B family, for example a 3B, 13B-T, 14B-#, 15B-# etc.
Best swap would be the newest engine you can get from this family

Hey All, Thanks for all of the replies. I didn't make this clear in my first post but I'm looking to stick with a diesel engine at this time, my bad.
Easiest swap for a B will be something else from the B family, for example a 3B, 13B-T, 14B-#, 15B-# etc.
Best swap would be the newest engine you can get from this family
Thanks for the suggestion since I am looking to stick with a diesel. Do you know where I can find the specs on the B series engines including the dimensions of the block? Thanks again.

If you have a "B" series engine now, an updated version of a "B" series is a direct fit.

10 plus years ago I swapped a worn out B engine for a 3B. It was pretty easy and I don’t recall any fab work was needed to make it happen. A couple friends and some beer and it was done in a day.

I sourced the 3B out Canada at the time.

Is the #B to #H any harder, apart from adding two cylinders I thought it was pretty straight forward?
Different input shaft on transmission, different engine positioning on chassis

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom