H150/151 CAD bolt pattern available?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all
I guess the title says it all.
I want to make an adaptor plate to fit a different bellhousing to one of these gear boxes and having the CAD info for the cnc shop would be great.

I'm not having much luck in the 80 section but perhaps I have a home among the more radical.

I want to run a 12HT engine with a H151 box and figure that the best approach is to use the H55F bellhousing ( to get the clutch right) and mate the back of this to the H151.
The bell housing pattern is simple so I thought i would start with the gearbox pattern.

Any help or thoughts on the matter would be appriciated.

G

I searched for the same a few years ago and turned up a big fat zero!

try posting this question in the diesel section (or have the mods shift this). If its been done, you'll have more chance of finding solid info in there

Been thinking about a similar idea but with a different engine for my fzj80. The best idea I could come up with was to make an adapter plate and crankshaft spacer to basically turn the back of the engine you want to use (i.e. the 12h-t) and make it look like an engine that was used with a h150/h151.

Still waiting on my h151 to arrive from Japan, but according to Dave at Japan4x4, the currently available h151's come with 1hdt bellhousings. There might also be ones available for the v8 diesel but that is of no intrest to me.

What needs to be done is to find a company who would be friendly to mud members who has a 3d optical scanner, like the ones from creaform3d, search in youtube for this company. In the future as this technology becomes more affordable it will make reverse engineering much easier.

Ja, still trying to get the old ducks in a row.
The go/no go acid test is to see if there is enough room to fit the adaptor plate between the 12ht bellhousing and the H151?
For this I need the input shaft length of the H151 and the H55F (with H or F shaft) and the width of the 12ht/h55f bellhousing.
As for the plate, it seems as if someone on the 70 forum had already done this in reverse, 1HDT into a BJ70 he has a H151 bellhousing and is hooking up to a H55F gearbox. This adaptor plate , with minor mods would do the job. I'll PM him if and when i get my measurements and descide to go ahead.
At the moment , I'm just hanging in as nobody seem to have any gearboxes handy at the moment to do the measurements on.

Can't say which is the better box , but the combination is for an 80 series which already has a H151, and permanent 4 wheeldrive which I want.

George

Last edited:
Both of these transmissions were placed behind the 1HZ and 1HD, which share the bellhousing bolt pattern. I have a 1HZ to H55F bellhousing, and a 1HD Tto H15xF bellhousing. I'll take some pics and it may help you decide which way to go with the adapter.

Hi there
No need for pics on the Hz or Hd bellhousings, thankyou. It's definately the 12HT to H55F belhousing that I need info on.

I recon that the best way to mate a 12HT to a H15X is to use the 12HT housing and put the plate between this and the H15x box.

The H55f which goes with the 12HT has the shortest input shaft, so hopefully the bellhousing will be short enough to allow for an adaptor plate to the H15x.

So if anyone can help me out with the bellhousing measurement I could conclude my calculations. Having the input shaft length of the H55 with the shorter shaft ( F and 2H engines) would also be good.
Thank you.
George

So to be clear the h55 and h151 and all h series has the same Bolt patern?

I don't think so. H55F and H15xF boxes are completely different series of gearbox.

I think bell housing needs to be box specific.

Also, not aware of HF1A, HF2A Transfer case being used with H55F box. But, do your own research on that

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom