GX550 & LC250 Tracking Thread (19 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I called that dealership- this is a demo vehicle that they will sell after 5k miles

Speaking of. Just got offered a white and an underground LC premium. Don't think I want the white and the underground is from a dealer I haven't interfaced with. Gotta think about it.

Edit: Passed on both. Don't want white. I'll wait for one in any other color to come in at the dealer I have my deposit with. They offered me a first edition but for $78k I'd get an overtrail +

Last edited:
@TWILLY and others that can read...

Am I reading this allocation agreement right that the dealer would essentially have a lien on the title, or even possess the title, until the 12 month restricted period ends?

1713557652918.png

Am I reading this allocation agreement right that the dealer would essentially have a lien on the title, or even possess the title, until the 12 month restricted period ends?

View attachment 3611373
Odd, but I don't think it's a huge deal. It seems to only apply to taking it outside the US, unless I am reading something wrong.

Odd, but I don't think it's a huge deal. It seems to only apply to taking it outside the US, unless I am reading something wrong.
Sure, but it doesn't contingent the dealer's election powers in way way. For instance, I think they should be curtailed to apply only if the customer exports it..

They may have backed down from me signing the agreement as I provided a written statement that I wouldn't be exporting it in my response/content to the agreement. We will see what happens.

Last edited:
Yesterday I was told by my salesman that the dealership GM had taken over their allocation awarding due to preventing export dealers. All GX550 buyers would be vetted, with background check, to ensure they were not used car dealers or exporters. Did not mention a contract.

After seeing this, I’m wondering if Lexus corporate has encouraged, or mandated, this.

Probably to prevent ppl from flipping them as well...you can easily get a 10-15k premium on a same-day flip.

My sales person was cautioning me about them being worried about ppl doing that.

View attachment 3611373
Is this just the dealer doing this or is Lexus pushing this?

Probably to prevent ppl from flipping them as well...you can easily get a 10-15k premium on a same-day flip.

My sales person was cautioning me about them being worried about ppl doing that.
Read that again. There is nothing about flipping, just about export.

Several Lexus models had initial restrictions that corporate was "leasing" the vehicles to the owners for the first few years (e.g., LF-A)...I could see corporate pushing this.

Several Lexus models had initial restrictions that corporate was "leasing" the vehicles to the owners for the first few years (e.g., LF-A)...I could see corporate pushing this.
But Lexus isn't party to this contract and it has nothing in it about flipping. Read the text.

This is not a restriction on owners flipping it for profit.

It is Toyota’s trying to respond to their vehicles quickly ending up on the hands of warlords. It looks overbearing and like the lawyers got paid by the word.

Toyota does not want more of these questions. It is an attempt, limited by what Toyota can really control, to slow down or delay the flow of vehicles. Bad press to have your new product show up on the news in a conflict zone right after market entry.

Last edited:
Got an allocation today for OT + incognito with black roof / black interior scheduled for end of June / Early July delivery. MSRP. Not sure on final window sticker until it hits Long Beach.

Does an allocation in this timeframe mean the car has been produced or will be produced in the next week or so ?

View attachment 3611373
Yeah, I expect this is to prevent export sales to paramilitaries.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom