GX470/Prado 120 - Show me your rack! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've been running the the JW Offroad rack with the steel side rails with the 6 cross bars for about a year. Has anyone noticed side to side flex in the front section over the sun roof ? I noticed it on a recent trip to the beach going over some wash boards. The front section started to wiggle and squeak. Checked the mounting bolts and cross bars. Everything seems to be tight.

20220403_073421.jpg

IMG_20220403_003703_631.jpg

IMG_20220403_003703_714.jpg

I run the Prinsu rack and noticed similar movement before I had a RTT mounted. I think that may just be something inherent in the T-slot cross bar style racks.

I run the Prinsu rack and noticed similar movement before I had a RTT mounted. I think that may just be something inherent in the T-slot cross bar style racks.
I'm thinking it might be cross bar placement. With a RTT id imagine it boxes everything in and makes it more rigid. Guess I need the additional cross bars or a RTT 😅

I have the victory rack and I am pretty happy with it. The following reasons why I picked this over Prinsu.

1. Price - $950 free shipping and no tax. I did pay extra for the black hardware. Right now it’s 10% off direct from their website.

2. I liked the finished style of the rear

3. Crossbars are powder coated

4. The mounting brackets are made out of steel and not part of the aluminum frame.

Some of the things I do not like are the adjustability of the crossbars. Very limited, about an inch forward or back. Prinsu has much more.

Because of this, there is wasted space towards the rear and I wouldn’t be able to mount anything really close to the back. For example I’m thinking about mounting a Baja Jerry can holder back there.

One other factor was Victory’s customer service. My box was delivered damaged at no fault to them. I ended up losing a separate box that included all of the hardware. They immediately shipping out another set no questions asked. That was awesome. I wouldn’t hesitate to buy from them again.

View attachment 2251010View attachment 2251011View attachment 2251012View attachment 2251014View attachment 2251016
I really like this...was about to pull the trigger on the Prinsu but I like this rear finishing more. How is the wind noise?

I saw that Nash Fabco is developing a rack for the gx. It will be similar in style to their Tacoma rack. I like it at first glance, so refreshing to see a different design!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom