Gx470 Broken Front Grill Fix for Free (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I didn’t want to spend $250 on a new OEM grill and used ones seem to be on the verge of breaking so I decided to use some spare nuts and bolts to fix the issue. I’d rather spend the money on off-roading parts!

My idea was to take out the broken stud, nut and plastic and drill hole from the inside out. I centered the drill bit in the existing hole tab. Started with a pilot hole and went up to a 5mm allen head bolt 1” in length. If you can see where I’m going with this, I’m gonna use a bolt to hold down the grill from the outside.

I thought using the existing factory hardware would be a convenient fix, but the stud is about 1/2” too short!

09920A58-8CD7-4656-9F79-6AD148E1EA7A.jpeg

A2A20AE8-A96D-43FD-8D36-8EFED91F1CD6.jpeg

Unfortunately, I only had 1 button head black bolt in the correct size so I had to go with these chrome ones. Spray painted them “cast iron” so it wasn’t as shiny.

I used some nuts and lock washers for the back. Do not torque too hard, the plastic grill can crack!

E2FF2199-31F4-47A0-85DC-9365DB2AD542.jpeg

The only downside is the bolts are visible from the outside. It’s not too obnoxious but it fixed the problem and it was totally free! I suppose this remedy can be for any other plastic clip that is broken, however I didn’t see if there are clearance issues with the grill size.

9F7E2D0A-0410-4E3F-8BD4-FB78E89E3C78.jpeg

Nice job.

Personality I just want an aftermarket replacement...at this point ANY replacement.

The bolts are barely visible, well done

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom