GX470 Black Headlight / Foglight Housing DIY (10 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dang really? Like how cracked?? I had talked to a guy that bought those and they were good for about a year. If you have to replace get some DEPO ones off eBay. If you’re talking like micro cracks in the plastic, mine has that too but you can barely see them after the restore
Good point, micro cracks so only noticeable up close. Hard to photograph.

3EFDF4A7-83E9-4D80-955C-BA4EFFCEF3C9.jpeg

Good point, micro cracks so only noticeable up close. Hard to photograph.

View attachment 2861987
Yeah! That’s not terrible dude. mine were like that as well. The other thing that helps hide those scratches is modding the headlights black like I did. I would try a restore kit that requires a buffer ( I shouldn’t say this but you can buy it at Home Depot, do what You need to do and return it at no extra cost to you). Try it!

Has anyone tried this and had good luck? I think I'm going to give it a shot soon. Curious if this affects actual lighting efficiency or not.
Definitely does not affect output at all - comment below pointed out that they’re HID projector lights. Not reflector so the light output remains unaffected

Anyone have a good breakdown of the wiring in the headlights for idiots like me who are new to electrical systems?

I'm cleaning up a set of headlights and adding switchback halos to them. My goal is:
- Whites on all the time as DRL's
- Ambers blink with turn signals in place of the white/DRL's

I'd love any advice one:
- Is the above a bad idea for any reason? (Can't imagine there's any issue with ambers for turn signals, but any issue running the Halos as DRL's?)
- Which wires should I tap into to accomplish this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom