GX460 Tesla Style Radio (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SSG

Threads
So I got this Android tablet radio from Rhino Radios. Installed it today, looks nice, definitely an improvement to the stock system. I also got the 360 degree camera option but will have that installed by someone with experience, I have never installed a radio before and these come with NO instructions. I have contacted Rhino Radio and they are slow to respond and mostly do not respond at all. They sent me a link to an install video of a LX570...Not the same harnesses or wiring from what I saw in the video and what I had to deal with, basically just seeing what connectors fit together...It was a real pain to install!

Oh and my airbag warning is now on the dash so I will be contacting Rhino Radios about this and hope to even get a response. It came with a Canbus but is labeled 360, so guessing it is for the 360 degrees camera I got with it but without instructions who knows.

Here are some pics for those who are interested in going this route as well.

GX460_Tablet.JPG

GX460_Tablet2.JPG

GX460_Tablet3.JPG

GX460_Tablet4.JPG

Is that a touch screen or just a display?

Or just pull the light out of the old trim and plug it back in and leave it secured behind the display?

Or just pull the light out of the old trim and plug it back in and leave it secured behind the display?

Not sure I understand what you mean? For the airbag warning symbol? It is on my gauge cluster.

It's looking for the "passenger air bag off" light. If it's not detected the SRS system will throw a code. If you plug it back in or figure out the resistance and add a resistor then clear the code you should be fine
pass.jpg

I have this installed on my GX as well.. they sent me a little jumper for the airbag warning light... it didn't fit, so I had to splice it in to their main harness..... everything works pretty good... just gotta find time to figure out how to get my rear entertainment up and running again.

Personally I do not like the airbag warning/error but not enough to be splicing cables as I do not know much about splicing. Maybe I can get some device to remove the error code.

Just remember if you do have a real air bag failure, you would never know...t splice connectors are pretty easy to use...the "chip" only has 3 wires.. one goes to accessory power and the other 2 splices into the radio jumper harness

So you cut the "chip" out of the harness... (they sent me the wrong harness).. they might have sent you the correct one... then find the 6 way on the main jumper harness for the radio.. use butt splices for the orange and purple.. then t spliced into an accessory circuit.. which I had for the usb power going to glove box

Screenshot_20191207-151727_Gallery.jpg

SmartSelect_20191207-151654_Gallery.jpg

SmartSelect_20191207-152227_Gallery.jpg

@BPGX460

I am going to ask Rhino Radios about getting the jumper you stated they sent you. Would that make this mod easier?

Would be really cool if you could post a short video of this procedure :)

What do you mean, "cut the chip"? Also which harness is this you're splicing cables from?

butt_splice.jpg

You then use something like this ^ to connect orange and purple cables together?

What do you mean by, you then t splice into accessory circuit?

I have been having some battery drain issues, which began after I installed the radio, is anyone having any issues like that? Not sure what else could be draining my battery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom