GX460 Seat Covers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Did a search but could not find any info... looking for a good quality seat covers for my '17 GX460. I have some Wet Okole's on my 100 series and they are great but would prefer non-neoprene for the GX. Suggestions??

My wife has the Wet Okole's also on her Taco and LOVE's them!
Especially since she's always in a wet wetsuit or swimsuit.
The only issue is they smell like neoprene for a very long time. I don't mind since I've surfed all my life and use to it, but it may bother others.
But more to your point, I too have never seen anything regarding seat covers or even re-covering.
Unlike my previous 100 series, there's all kind of info on that considering how old they are now and how tattered the seats are getting! I know my Landcruiser and also my wife's Landcruiser leather seats were pretty torn up by the time we got rid of them.

You may just have to do a Google search for seat covers and check out the reviews.
The best part of the WO's is that they fit so darn good! Especially since we live near their Costa Mesa store in So. Cal, they installed them for free and the fit is awesome even after several years use!

Takla is a brand out of South Africa that is recommended by Andrew St Piere White of, http://4xoverland.com/

He uses this brand in most of his builds. Look through his YouTube videos, he has some great demos.

I contacted them last October while I was in Namibia. I was going to buy a set once I purchased my GX and have them shipped to my daughter in Namibia to save the shipping and duty fees to the USA. They just required measurements to verify that Prado 150 covers would fit. I didn’t have my GX at the time so had to put that on hold.

Fast forward to February this year, purchased my GX and two weeks later my daughter was recalled back to the states due to COVID. I still intend to make the purchase but have put it on the back burner for now.

I have Escape Gear covers in my Land Cruiser. They are made in South Africa of cotton canvas. Very nice. Looks like they offer a set for the 4Runner. I’m tempted to see if they fit. The actual seats are the same I believe.

My wife has the Wet Okole's also on her Taco and LOVE's them!
Especially since she's always in a wet wetsuit or swimsuit.
The only issue is they smell like neoprene for a very long time. I don't mind since I've surfed all my life and use to it, but it may bother others.
But more to your point, I too have never seen anything regarding seat covers or even re-covering.
Unlike my previous 100 series, there's all kind of info on that considering how old they are now and how tattered the seats are getting! I know my Landcruiser and also my wife's Landcruiser leather seats were pretty torn up by the time we got rid of them.

You may just have to do a Google search for seat covers and check out the reviews.
The best part of the WO's is that they fit so darn good! Especially since we live near their Costa Mesa store in So. Cal, they installed them for free and the fit is awesome even after several years use!

Thanks @r2m.

I do love my WO in my 100 series but wanted to see if there was anything else out there. The only drawback for me with WO is during the Texas heat, my back and butt get sweaty-er even with the AC on.

Reactions: r2m
Takla is a brand out of South Africa that is recommended by Andrew St Piere White of, 4WD Films | Adventure 4WD Expedition Inspiration

He uses this brand in most of his builds. Look through his YouTube videos, he has some great demos.

I contacted them last October while I was in Namibia. I was going to buy a set once I purchased my GX and have them shipped to my daughter in Namibia to save the shipping and duty fees to the USA. They just required measurements to verify that Prado 150 covers would fit. I didn’t have my GX at the time so had to put that on hold.

Fast forward to February this year, purchased my GX and two weeks later my daughter was recalled back to the states due to COVID. I still intend to make the purchase but have put it on the back burner for now.

I have Escape Gear covers in my Land Cruiser. They are made in South Africa of cotton canvas. Very nice. Looks like they offer a set for the 4Runner. I’m tempted to see if they fit. The actual seats are the same I believe.

Both Takla & Escape Gear seem to be good options, too bad they are not available here in the US

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom