GX460 & GXOR B.S. thread (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

^ Reminds me that I've always been confused by the naming for MTS Mud/Sand mode because it does a good job keeping all 4 wheels spinning at about the same speed which is what you want in mud and various snow/ice situations but I would think just buries you in the sand?

Yeah, I don't know how it knows the difference but MTS along with CC work VERY well in the sand.

Yeah, the driftless and the Manson impact crate are the 2 notable features not listed.

Camped at Great River Bluffs over the summer. Studied Geology in Eastern Iowa and did a field study at Devils Lake just south of Baraboo.

It's a super cool area, and I have been fortunate enough to explore 2 parts of it. I will definitely miss how green everything is when I move to Colorado. We will probably occasionally vacation on the North Shore to help with that.

Anybody know of a pre-made harness that would let me wire a couple light pods into my high beams? I've been left alone with my thoughts for too long and think it would be cool to have a couple LP6s or similar in the grille that also kick on/off with the factory lights.

Thinking about starting a thread arguing about water-cooled engines diluting the brand because we are reaching Rennlist levels of pettiness and shenanigans over here arguining about what a "real" land cruiser is
Reminds me of the old Porsche argument of what a "real" Porsche was when it started coming out with front engine, inline 4 and V8 engines, e.g. 924, 944, 928, 968. The purists just couldn't get their head around it nor accept it.
And the really hard core wouldn't accept old boxster 914's because it was, as they say, "VW".

The only thing I am a bit m'eh about is Electric Power Steering. Hopefully it has good feel. My experiences with it have been mostly mediocre for feel.

Reactions: r2m
Anybody know of a pre-made harness that would let me wire a couple light pods into my high beams? I've been left alone with my thoughts for too long and think it would be cool to have a couple LP6s or similar in the grille that also kick on/off with the factory lights.
I bet it wouldn't be hard to make one if you could source sockets

I bet it wouldn't be hard to make one if you could source sockets
I've been digging into this hairbrained scheme further and it looks I can just get the right sized splitter for dual high beams, and then wire the switch/relay for the light pods to the splitter while the pods themselves are wired normally. So when I turn the switch on, then the pods will come on/off with the high beam switch.
This requires further digging to make sure I won't cook anything but that would be the ideal set up for my scheme.

I've been digging into this hairbrained scheme further and it looks I can just get the right sized splitter for dual high beams, and then wire the switch/relay for the light pods to the splitter while the pods themselves are wired normally. So when I turn the switch on, then the pods will come on/off with the high beam switch.
This requires further digging to make sure I won't cook anything but that would be the ideal set up for my scheme.
Finding out the amp pull for both vs the wire gauge and wire material should give you an idea of how much headroom you have. You could always get a more effecient LED high beam to be augmented by pods, since I know they aren't always great(the LED replacement bulbs) since they radiate light differently, but always an option to give you the current you need for the pods.

Anyone have an idea how much I can expect to pay a shop to install an expedition one rear bumper (the one with the swing out integrated into the door)? Looks kinda involved.

Anyone have an idea how much I can expect to pay a shop to install an expedition one rear bumper (the one with the swing out integrated into the door)? Looks kinda involved.
You could call a couple of shops and ask if you can email them the installation instructions and see what they come back with.
I did a search for you for 4 Wheel Parts and Off Road Warehouse locations, but there are none in Washington.
A suggestion is try to find a "Toyota" specific off road shop. They will be most familiar with GX's since they're the same as 5th Gen 4Runners.
And when you find one, look at reviews, both the rating level (4 star or better) and quantity of reviews.

You could call a couple of shops and ask if you can email them the installation instructions and see what they come back with.
I did a search for you for 4 Wheel Parts and Off Road Warehouse locations, but there are none in Washington.
A suggestion is try to find a "Toyota" specific off road shop. They will be most familiar with GX's since they're the same as 5th Gen 4Runners.
And when you find one, look at reviews, both the rating level (4 star or better) and quantity of reviews.
I live in Houston now. There is a shop here that fits the bill. Was just trying to see if anyone had ideas before I reached out to them. Got crazy quotes in Washington to install my lift so I ended up doing it myself.

If it’s gonna cost like a grand to install I might just get the victory one and do it myself. They have a video install guide and it seems easier. The Expedition One install looks little more involved and just has a pdf install guide that leaves me with a lot of questions.

Just leaving this gem here, cant wait to see these with wrangler like fender extensions and tundra suspension.
1000006877.jpg

Finally got around to replacing my recalled Ironman control arms that have been sitting in my garage since the end of November. The driver's side ball joint on the original set started clicking a couple weeks ago and was definitely shot. I feel like people of the internet make swapping UCAs out to be a difficult task and it's really not unless you try to do it with the wrong tools and wrong procedure.

Lol yea, I felt like that, for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom