GX Passenger side armrest Issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,
Anyone experience issues with the armrests on the GX? Didn’t notice the arm rest on the passenger side down when I purchased the vehicle. Only realized it when my wife rode with me a few days after and she wanted some arm support to play her phone games. At first the armrest wouldn’t come down. I got it loose but it doesn’t seem to lock I place when oscillating.

I tried searching on here and GXOR and no luck. If anyone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it very much.

Thank you

Btw it’s a 2004 GX470

Thanks for the reply. I saw the thread and they look good!! These are on my list of mods for sure. But i do wanna fix the stock ones for now. Might just put them back on but in the locked position when lowered. Just crazy that even the search on here and GXOR and Google i couldnt find anything on the armrest or even the diagram for the locking mechanism insde the arm. o_O

Could be that its just not properly oriented on the seat. If its ever come off before, chances are it just didnt get installed back on properly. It has to be aligned just right, or it wont work properly. I'd def try that first. Pop the cover off, get your 14mm socket (they're on there tight!) and pull it off and have a look. I've taken mine off a couple times and it always throws me for a loop putting them back on. Turn the gear on the armrest itself so that the armrest would be in the up-right most position (the armrest would be pointing straight up) and then attach it back onto the seat. Might have to try it a couple times to get it right. I had to really think about it a couple times through when I put mine back on. LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom