GX 460 Blitz rock sliders (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A kinda sad oversight on their part, considering the strong "KDSS Compatible" claim they know the 460 crowd is dependant on. That said, mistakes happen and as we all know, it's entirely how they respond to those mistakes that makes them a good or weak company.

Hope they take care of you once a fix is drummed up 👍

These are currently at the top of my list. Quick question; did you guys just order Prado 150 rocker panel pieces or did you trim your stock sidesteps to finish the look? The integrated look is so clean and outright removing the side steps would probably break that look up bad. Thanks and great pics and info!

These are currently at the top of my list. Quick question; did you guys just order Prado 150 rocker panel pieces or did you trim your stock sidesteps to finish the look? The integrated look is so clean and outright removing the side steps would probably break that look up bad. Thanks and great pics and info!
They are cut stock steps. I pinned them down on a table, masked off about 1/4" below what they specify, and then used a thin cutoff wheel on an angle grinder to cut. Then I reinstalled and used a flap wheel sanding disk on the angle grinder to slowly shape up to the specified line. That method makes it easy to get the angles just right to your eye. It made me nervous but actually was easy. Cut slow and use a thin cutoff wheel to minimize melted plastic splatter.

The process made me feel better about the CBI front bumper that arrived on my driveway today. More cutting and sanding using the same techniques.

They are cut stock steps. I pinned them down on a table, masked off about 1/4" below what they specify, and then used a thin cutoff wheel on an angle grinder to cut. Then I reinstalled and used a flap wheel sanding disk on the angle grinder to slowly shape up to the specified line. That method makes it easy to get the angles just right to your eye. It made me nervous but actually was easy. Cut slow and use a thin cutoff wheel to minimize melted plastic splatter.

The process made me feel better about the CBI front bumper that arrived on my driveway today. More cutting and sanding using the same techniques.
Thanks for the quick reply! It looks so good I literally couldn’t tell you cut them. I did a similar process on my 5th gen 4Runner but those side skirts were much less contoured and certainly easier. Very clean work. I’ll be following your advice for sure.

Thanks for the quick reply! It looks so good I literally couldn’t tell you cut them. I did a similar process on my 5th gen 4Runner but those side skirts were much less contoured and certainly easier. Very clean work. I’ll be following your advice for sure.
One other tip, I did strike two different lines on each side of each step. One on the outside near the wheel well, and when it curves into the steps, I taped a second line on a slightly different angle to meet the step at a good point, slightly angled up.

Any updates on the kdss skid? I am looking at these and the slee ones but leaning towards the victory aluminum to save some weight.
Victory said they would work on a fix for reprotecting the KDSS line protection with their slider install but never got back to me. I guess they are too busy releasing new products to take care of the fatal flaw in their already released products. Very frustrating.

The KDSS skid is included in the kit when you purchase the GX460 version of our sliders (there is a new price to reflect this) 👍
So I ordered my sliders back on August 29th and did not realize this. I plan on bringing up my GX for the install. Will this affect my ship time? I also ordered a front and back bumper along with a front skid plate.

So I ordered my sliders back on August 29th and did not realize this. I plan on bringing up my GX for the install. Will this affect my ship time? I also ordered a front and back bumper along with a front skid plate.
Give our customer service team a call and we can get you situated 👍 269-353-1184

I can agree with a few points on the GX460. However I have to disagree these points can lead to a conclusion that these are made in China. That doesn’t make sense to me. It takes longer than six weeks to ship something from China right now! It might take six months with the clogged
Ports. I think Victory is simply a growing company and needs to work on a lot of details.
For the sliders:
1. There was a huge bag of fasteners with a ton of unused ones and several holes for the mounting brackets did not have correct fasteners that worked - after reaching out to a victory they simply told me it worked on their install and did not offer a solution. That is bad customer service. The holes were too large for their bolts so I had to spend a considerable amount of time finding a suitable solution.

2. The button head bolts seem like a ridiculous solution and were frustrating to work with to say the least. But they work once you figure out articulating tool extensions that fit the space. Hex head would have been superior and easier in my opinion.

3. I bought mine as the advertised KDSS compatible slider and feel like I was severely misled as it left KDSS lines exposed where Lexus had spent considerable design detail to armoring them, and with no solution at the time (see earlier post in this thread) and when contacted their answer was pretty weak. I’m guessing this is a 4Runner product that was touted as a GX solution but they simply didn’t work out the KDSS solution for the GX until called out. When they finally came up with a solution they were not offered to me anywhere except in this forum despite email communications. I’m glad they have a solution but I would have went with another option at the time as we do considerable overlanding and do scrape the frame from time to time. This weakness has left us nervous over the last year. I’m angry Victory is expecting me to dish out money for their solution after fooling me into buying a complete solution.

I think the sliders are an attractive design, have held up to small hits on numerous week long trips, and have great utility accessing the roof. But Victory has a long, long way to go in customer service, marketing claims, and working out details like fasteners and installation details.

Last edited:
I can agree with a few points on the GX460. However I have to disagree these points can lead to a conclusion that these are made in China. That doesn’t make sense to me. It takes longer than six weeks to ship something from China right now! It might take six months with the clogged
Ports. I think Victory is simply a growing company and needs to work on a lot of details.
For the sliders:
1. There was a huge bag of fasteners with a ton of unused ones and several holes for the mounting brackets did not have correct fasteners that worked - after reaching out to a victory they simply told me it worked on their install and did not offer a solution. That is bad customer service. The holes were too large for their bolts so I had to spend a considerable amount of time finding a suitable solution.

2. The button head bolts seem like a ridiculous solution and we’re frustrating to work with. But they work once you figure out articulating tool extensions that fit the space. Hex head would have been superior and easier in my opinion.

3. I bought mine as the advertised KDSS compatible slider and feel like I was severely misled as it left KDSS lines exposed where Lexus had spent considerable design detail to armoring them, and with no solution at the time (see earlier post in this thread) and when contacted their answer was pretty weak. I’m guessing this is a 4Runner product that was touted as a GX solution but they simply didn’t work out the KDSS solution for the GX until called out. When they finally came up with a solution they were not offered to me anywhere except in this forum despite email communications. I’m glad they have a solution but I would have went with another option at the time as we do considerable overlanding and do scrape the frame from time to time. This weakness has left us nervous over the last year.

I think the sliders are an attractive design, have held up to small hits on numerous week long trips, and have great utility accessing the roof. But Victory has a long, long way to go in customer service, marketing claims, and working out details like fasteners and installation details.
Good points…as per the China issue it is feasible. My wife recently ordered goods from Aliexpress (China) and they were here at my door in 15 days. Agreed, how do we conclude that his rock sliders from China? It just sucks because I do like the aesthetics of these Victory sliders. Again, hopefully Victory WILL resolve these issues!

For the sliders:

2. The button head bolts seem like a ridiculous solution and were frustrating to work with to say the least. But they work once you figure out articulating tool extensions that fit the space. Hex head would have been superior and easier in my opinion.

3. I bought mine as the advertised KDSS compatible slider and feel like I was severely misled as it left KDSS lines exposed where Lexus had spent considerable design detail to armoring them, and with no solution at the time (see earlier post in this thread) and when contacted their answer was pretty weak. I’m guessing this is a 4Runner product that was touted as a GX solution but they simply didn’t work out the KDSS solution for the GX until called out. When they finally came up with a solution they were not offered to me anywhere except in this forum despite email communications. I’m glad they have a solution but I would have went with another option at the time as we do considerable overlanding and do scrape the frame from time to time. This weakness has left us nervous over the last year. I’m angry Victory is expecting me to dish out money for their solution after fooling me into buying a complete solution.

Can the factory KDSS skid not be modified to fit? I installed my SSO sliders and had to cut off about 1/2” of metal from the top and it fits perfectly.

As for the hardware, first, in the video above, am I seeing it correctly that the sliders bolt into the face of the frame as well as the bottom? The bottom of the frame is a horrible place to bolt them as you will shear the heads off the bolts if you drag it over rocks. And can you even get grade 10 bolts that are button heads? 🤷‍♂️ Those bolts are the dumbest thing I’ve seen. I can’t imagine getting an Allen head wrench into some of the bolt locations.

As for the China issue, just because they have a 6 week lead time doesn’t mean anything. I don’t know if their products are made in China or not but you can’t conclude that based on that one fact.

I have no love for victory or their products for several reasons. The bolts alone would have made me pack that s*** up and send it back.

Lead times mean nothing as far as point of origin... I've been waiting since July for some rear axle links from a small US fab shop. But, I knew that would be the case going in. Might get them in December I am told.

As a rule, these small shops, yes I would consider Victory a small shop, can't do enough business to justify China manufacturing. All these shops that do these aftermarket accessories are building then in the U.S. at their facilities. Otherwise you'd be seeing them on Alibaba as knock-offs for a few hundred dollars.
If the Chinese don't consider us (North America) a large enough market to exploit these accessories and bang them out cheap, then I'm pretty sure they're not building product for these business's over here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom