GWNF--Oct 15-16 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cant do it Saturday, my niece is getting married.

Chuck

I’m hoping to get out there sometime this weekend for the day. Maybe I’ll catch up with you on the trail. Do you have a favorite CB channel?

I’m looking forward to see what Salt Shed I like after all the rain last weekend!

No favorite channel. Pick one and let me know. We will be there by 11am, but I am farily new to wheeling in the GWNF and don't know names.
All I can say is we entered via 33. passed a road that said Second Moutain (not the trail) and about 3/4 of a mile on the left we turned onto a gravelled trail. THere is a creek on the right and a little further down the trail is a man made lake???? This is all before Dictum Creek. That was what the sign said on the road.

I realize these are s***ty directions. But it is a dcent refernece. I also know the fire roads (at least some) are mapped on the topos, but there aren't any marking on the trail to indicate....

I know I need GPS blaa blaa.....I would love to meet up with anyone.
Let me know.

When you get things together please post or PM your plans. I would love to get down there, but will only be able to do it for the day on Sat. I have a wedding to go to on Sun. I have a timing problem that I need to get fixed before I can come. I will definately try to get it fixed tonight or early in the morning if I can and head down there.

Ok, I guess you just posted your plans. Just missed it.

Cool, Sounds like you are near Riven Rock.

I will plan on being out there tomorrow sometime before lunch and I will try to catch you guys while you are setting up camp. I will be driving a Blue FJ40.

I’m going to try and get my Bro-in-law to come out. he knows that area pretty well. Unfortunately, he might be stuck at home doing repairs. He spent all last week at the Mid-Atlantic Rover Rally.

73Goat, are you familiar with the area? If not, I can meet you somewhere near H-Burg.

I have done some of the trails in GW, but not the ones off of 33 so not really familiar with the area. I was hoping to get out of work early today, which has not happened. This means I am 50/50 on making it, due to the fact that I need to pull the distributor and figure out the timing problem to get the cruiser to start. This should not take long, but I am sure it will so I may not be able to get down there early enough to catch up with you guys.

We took 33 through H-burg, which kind of takes you around town. then it is a straight shot unitl the GWNF. There is a Shell gas station tight past a closed down strip mall. We can meet their. ( I need to get better waypoints :mad: ) We should be there by 1030-11am

filthyrich said:
We took 33 through H-burg, which kind of takes you around town. then it is a straight shot unitl the GWNF. There is a Shell gas station tight past a closed down strip mall. We can meet their. ( I need to get better waypoints :mad: ) We should be there by 1030-11am

Is this on 33 West as you leave H-Burg, after all the downtown navigation?

He's talking about the Shell station on the west side of H'burg, out 33 past the Food Lion. It's maybe a mile after you pass through the town square on 33.

76FJ40 said:
He's talking about the Shell station on the west side of H'burg, out 33 past the Food Lion. It's maybe a mile after you pass through the town square on 33.
That is exactly where I am talking about. I believe the NoVa Jeepers meet at Food Kitty. It is a vacant lot. We are still planning on being on the trail by 11am. So at the Shell by 1045am for a fill-up :cheers:

We will be on CB # 34 and 36

Burgundy 4r
Green 4r
Tan Disco
White Tahoe

Bring it :cool: :flipoff2:

what are your plans sunday. I might be able to meet up with ya then

Chuck

Damn I wish I wasn't at work. :crybaby:

Yotahilux said:
what are your plans sunday. I might be able to meet up with ya then

Chuck
should be there wheeling all day. I am going to make a marker at 33 and the trail head. It will be a pice of cardboard with a bunch of orange stickers (filthyrich clothing)

There will be about 5-6 rides, including 2 4runners

Time to finish packing the car :cheers:

See you y'all out there :cheers: :flipoff2: :flamingo:

jcj_78FJ40 said:
Cool, Sounds like you are near Riven Rock.

I will plan on being out there tomorrow sometime before lunch and I will try to catch you guys while you are setting up camp. I will be driving a Blue FJ40.

I’m going to try and get my Bro-in-law to come out. he knows that area pretty well. Unfortunately, he might be stuck at home doing repairs. He spent all last week at the Mid-Atlantic Rover Rally.

73Goat, are you familiar with the area? If not, I can meet you somewhere near H-Burg.

wow! I definetly saw you out there saturday morning. My friends and I camped there friday night as a college reunion sorta thing. I was in the grey dodge ram. If I had the land cruiser I would wheeled with you guys! Oh well some other time.
-Mark

LuvenMud15 said:
wow! I definetly saw you out there saturday morning. My friends and I camped there friday night as a college reunion sorta thing. I was in the grey dodge ram. If I had the land cruiser I would wheeled with you guys! Oh well some other time.
-Mark

Look forward to wheeling with you!

Had a great day, weather was perfect.

We didn’t really get to wheel with the rest of the group from this thread. My father-in-law And I caught up with them as they were making camp. Seemed like a great group of people! Unfortunately, we were on a schedule and had to head back. We made our way up to Flagpole Knob, went out on that side and headed back towards the valley.

Until next time!
Cheers,

Charlton

jcj_78FJ40 said:
Look forward to wheeling with you!

Had a great day, weather was perfect.

We didn’t really get to wheel with the rest of the group from this thread. My father-in-law And I caught up with them as they were making camp. Seemed like a great group of people! Unfortunately, we were on a schedule and had to head back. We made our way up to Flagpole Knob, went out on that side and headed back towards the valley.

Until next time!
Cheers,

Charlton

It was nice to meet you and your father-in-law. We need to get together again and wheel this time

here are some overdue pics.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom