Gun control - some good points (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Love it. I had a conversation the other day about the new conceal law (where you dont have to take the class) coming out in August or so. The reply from that person was "Now all the criminals can carry guns!" :hmm::doh: Really. It was said.

I reminded them that the bad guys dont follow the laws. They carry already.

Like the video says, it makes it hard for the baddies when they dont know when they approach somebody if theyre packing or not. :D

The only part Im a little concerned with is the part where there is no more classroom training. I would be more comfortable knowing that all conceal carriers have gone throught the laws, technique, etc before taking the gun out of the box. We discussed this at the last meet in length with Brittan giving us some insight to his personal training he took a couple years ago. All valuable stuff.

Drivers take training to get their license and we have some pretty terrible drivers on the roads.

Besides, I've always just assumed everyone I meet is packing. I think we'd be a far more polite society if everyone were.

The bad guys have no rules. Today in Dallas a guy was eating dinner and a man came up behind him and slit his throat and killed him. No guns involved,people will find a way to kill you with what ever they can get.I do believe there should be classses, like in the military or Game and fish training. We can not regulate just guns and hope for a change, we need to teach morality. Mike

How about if every citizen was required to complete compulsory military training, including the proper handling of firearms? Funny, I would actually like to take another walk through the gas house.:cheers:

AZ is already open carry. Why would you think that classroom is going to help those carrying concealed?

Because I believe only a very limited amount of people open carry. With conceal-carry passed, every housewife, etc, etc can and will carry a handgun. The number vs open carrying individuals will soar exponentially IMO.

Like any other vital tool (car, gun, forklift, etc) training and knowledge is everything. How do you react in certain situations, what should I be prepared for, what should i be thinking of, what is my fallback knowledge in a critical situation?

Yes, like another posted humorously stated, there is required courses before you can drive an automobile yet there still are too many that arent that good on the roads. But, can you imagine if they didnt have ANY training. Throw them the keys and let them figure out the rules, operation, situational decision making? All cars would need to bolt on a bunch of armor :hillbilly:

P.S. Ask a person familiar with guns who has taken the firearms safety course, been shooting most of their life, etc and who has taken a conceal carry course and ask them how much they learned from the course. (Volumes)

It would make me more comfortable...just sayin'

I guess my point is that without fanfare around the bill, not sure why most folks would carry more (other than, again, the fanfare) than they already could in the open. It's not like Wisconsin (e.g.) where one has never had the 2nd Amendment recognition and all of a sudden can suddenly carry.

Do we feel more justified in hiding our guns from others' sight?

I guess my point is that without fanfare around the bill, not sure why most folks would carry more (other than, again, the fanfare) than they already could in the open. It's not like Wisconsin (e.g.) where one has never had the 2nd Amendment recognition and all of a sudden can suddenly carry.

Do we feel more justified in hiding our guns from others' sight?

Because carrying openly requires some balls.

The bad guys have no rules. Today in Dallas a guy was eating dinner and a man came up behind him and slit his throat and killed him. No guns involved,people will find a way to kill you with what ever they can get.I do believe there should be classses, like in the military or Game and fish training. We can not regulate just guns and hope for a change, we need to teach morality. Mike

While I understand what you're saying, I'm sure my morality is different than yours. Not something that can be taught in a class.

Because carrying openly requires some balls.

I've done it many times and always felt like I was the one breaking the law. I haven't open carried in years.

Who's morality should we teach?

How about if every citizen was required to complete compulsory military training, including the proper handling of firearms? Funny, I would actually like to take another walk through the gas house.:cheers:

I'm all for it. Look at how well trained the Israelis are after everyone is forced to serve. :)

Ya, fear the lawyers!:grinpimp:

I'm conflicted. I took the AZ CCW and it wasn't that big of a barrier...I think the target was 10 feet away...most could hit it with their eyes closed. I've also been to the 4 day piratical hand gun course at front sight.

The CCW course stressed the legal aspect of being in a shooting incident. I found the good-shoot-bad-shoot scenarios to be the most valuable part of the course. You assume a lot of liability owning a gun...you own the bullet from the time you pick it up at Walmart to it's resting spot, where ever that might be.

The Front Sight experience covered the mechanical and technical aspects of shooting. They had classes on legal liability too but you learn to shoot well at that course.

I don't carry but I'd rather have more guns out there owned by law abiding citizens...at least it gives them a chance. The first bad shoot in AZ where concealed carry is used will get a lot of media attention and further AZ wild wild west reputation.

Ya, fear the lawyers!:grinpimp:

Not every lawyer. My personal lawyer that helps me with my divorce stuff is a godsend... really.

And the second half of the CCW class I took was taught by a lawyer. A fire and brimstone 2nd Amendment advocate concealed carry guy... as in a full-frame .45 1911, a .380 backup gun on the ankle, a collapsible baton, and a 4"-5" lockback knife. So he's one of the good guys...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom