Gull-wing rear windows (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I saw this company in Australia is making gull-wing swing up hatches for the Prado 120 now. To me this would be so nice to not have to open the rear door for some access to items. maybe with a molle panel from Orangboxx you could also have a quick and easy way to get to some items. But man is it expensive. I know there are companies in the US that make these for the 80 anyone stateside making these for the 120 yet? To me the 120 without the rear pop up window really would benefit from this setup.

Emu Wing | Online Store
https://dqzrr9k4bjpzk.cloudfront.net/images/13189227/1207402572.jpg

Seems ridiculous to me, a total vanity item. Currently you have to take 1 or 2 steps to rear, open door, grab your s***. How often are you saying to yourself “man, if I could just reach through this side window to grab a tool my life would be so much better?” So many other things to spend that cash on imho, plus it is ugly as hell.

Seems ridiculous to me, a total vanity item. Currently you have to take 1 or 2 steps to rear, open door, grab your s***. How often are you saying to yourself “man, if I could just reach through this side window to grab a tool my life would be so much better?” So many other things to spend that cash on imho, plus it is ugly as hell.

haha at least we know how you feel dude!
I think it could have a nice place. Let’s say you have a molle panel on that window and you want to store your radios or some other small items would be a quick and easy way for access. 🤷‍♂️

haha at least we know how you feel dude!
I think it could have a nice place. Let’s say you have a molle panel on that window and you want to store your radios or some other small items would be a quick and easy way for access. 🤷‍♂️

Like an MP7?

I will say I wouldn't pay what they are asking for one. Also I think our FM radio antenna is in the passenger side glass so you would lose that?

You must not camp much. cause I can tell ya when I'm packed up, it would be really nice to not have to dig through s*** just to access the stuff I have right at that window. Definitely not worth the $ for me, but pure vanity? no. My 80 I use the sliding windows all the time to access s***, when "packed to the gills"

different strokes

I carry a dirtbike on the back a lot so this would be nice for easy access since my door only opens a few inches with the bike loaded. Pricey but they have been developing this for a few years now, I think I'd only go for the driver side if I bought one.

Also heard that ACC Toyota is developing something like this, I think it would be cool to see a tinted transparent version made of plexi glass or something.

I carry a dirtbike on the back a lot so this would be nice for easy access since my door only opens a few inches with the bike loaded. Pricey but they have been developing this for a few years now, I think I'd only go for the driver side if I bought one.

Also heard that ACC Toyota is developing something like this, I think it would be cool to see a tinted transparent version made of plexi glass or something.

Yeah I have heard about ACC doing something but its been talked about for years without seeing it. Plus their pricing typically is premium. So may not be any cheaper than this... I hope I am proved wrong. I carry mountain bikes and having a side access like this would be nice to me.

You must not camp much. cause I can tell ya when I'm packed up, it would be really nice to not have to dig through s*** just to access the stuff I have right at that window. Definitely not worth the $ for me, but pure vanity? no. My 80 I use the sliding windows all the time to access s***, when "packed to the gills"

different strokes
Fair point, I don’t camp from my GX, not my thing. I park and hike. Old school tent, fish on the fire, or hot dogs when I don’t catch anything. Carry my stuff. But I totally get the appeal of RTT and loads of gear and if having flip up side windows allow access to your possessions that’s totally cool.

Vanity was probably not the best word anyway, even though I think it’s asinine at this price doesn’t make it so. And my idea of ugly could be another man’s beautiful...✌

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom