guaging interest 2F FS WA state (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Got a low mile 2F from an 82 FJ60, pulled from my 79 Fj40. I'm doing a complete frame-off build up, and seems like a shame to have it down to bare frame and not do a V8.

The engine is a rebuild, still has the plastic seal on the freeze plug, had the engine apart, it's .30 over, put all new gaskets in it and valve stem seals, 150 plus compression all cylinders, degreased and painted black. I don't know the actual miles, but it's a strong runner.

Goodies are weber 38/38, 6 to 1 header, non-usa distributor, GM 1 wire alt. Currently using 3 speed bellhousing to SM420 (I'm keeping that), have index ring and etc. that could go with it (keeping the extreme bends adapter), just get the plate, the rest is there, will even throw in the new clutch.

This one is a beaut, open to offers over $900, located in NW Washington State.

email me kruisermike@yahoo.com

who did the rebuild? slightly interested. Where in WA?

John H

I don't know who did the rebuild, I got it without knowing.

I did do a tear-down as part of my wanting to remove just about every nut and bolt on this thing, everything looked great, saw pistons were 30 over, no ridge on cylinders, all bearings looked brand new. Didn't tear into cam or oil pump, but did look at timing gear, looks great. Put a new gasket set, re-torqued everything, degreased and painted, didn't feel the need to go any further with it, it's done!

It's located north of Mt. Vernon, off exit 238, about 5 miles from there.

If I was you (and, of course, I'm not), I would slide it back into the cruiser and be happy for another 100,000 miles or so.

Just a thot.

Mike S

Yeah, Mike, that was my first thought, I've had my cruiser apart for about 3 months during this build, and to the point of actually starting to put stuff back together, was entertaining the thought of a V8 while I had everything apart, would be the best time to do it.

Reasons? Do we need to start that old thread again? The 2F isn't a bad choice as far as reliability and longevity, but maybe not for power, efficiency, and availability.

Going once...

Mike

I thought about the same thing, then spent the money on an H55F 5 speed tranny, I my himble opinion, a better upgrade. Performance much improved - and it's 100% LANDCRUISER.

Your mileage may vary.

Mike S

H55F is a nice tranny. I got the sm420 for the crawl ratio, 35's and 4:11's give me enough to get down the freeway. If I were more of a purist, I would probably do an H55F, but I'm far from stock. This build has included a Scout II power steering, Dana 44 front w/flattops and an ARB, rear disks, spoa, etc. Pretty much doing everything I wanted all at one whack, why not the V8, too?

Gonna give this another day, by then I'm ready to set her back in, then I got a ton of work to do on the tub.

Mikey - nice work! I hope your 'cruiser comes together the way you want. Good luck!

Mike S

PS: Are you going with high steering?

Doing crossover for now, got flattops on the dana 44 w/1 ton links and ends, super beefy stuff.

where in wash are you i am in sunnyside yakima valley we are putting a 454 in my 45 wagon and have a 454 in my buddys 40 also putting coils all 4 corners in 45 this week coils in the front of 40 in dec rear is next after the 45

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom