GTFOTH Ride 4/26 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nottajeep

Enemies of the State
SILVER Star
Threads
Bummed MK 20 is cancelled?
We're gonna find a place to wheel and bring some sanity check to our lives.

Details to follow up but keep this weekend open.

Really bummed about Mardi Krawl, too. I need the break.

...but, not sure I can drive 10-11hrs (each way) for a day / ride.

I'll keep an eye on this, see how things at home are shaking out, and maybe come last minute. We'll see.

- Brian

I'm in.

With this much interest, we can look at camping Fri/Sat instead of a day ride.

All healthy folks are welcomed!
I am waiting to see if some guys drive up from FL and also what is open. 80% sure Chocco is the spot that makes the most sense. If anyone wants to propose another location, chime in and we can consider. Unless HP has made some really strong improvements, I don't think it's worth going to NE AL.

HP is NW..😎 Choccolocco would be good if Ray and Brian make it. I’m not sure what my status will be. Supposed to be in FLA that weekend, but the virus shenanigans might make that tough.

if we do NE Alabama we could do Estill Fork and Iron Gap road, but that would be a day trip.

right. NW :hillbilly: I don't even know what day of the week it is anymore.

I think at least one night of camping is a much needed change up for me and I am sure for many others who are sitting at home picking boogers all day.

right. NW :hillbilly: I don't even know what day of the week it is anymore.

I think at least one night of camping is a much needed change up for me and I am sure for many others who are sitting at home picking boogers all day.

your not supposed to touch your face...stop with the boogers

I agree, especially if the guys come from FLA

It's worth mentioning that unless you're on 35s and locked that only half of chocco is going to be accessible, and that half is either tame or big.

HP is NW..😎 Choccolocco would be good if Ray and Brian make it. I’m not sure what my status will be. Supposed to be in FLA that weekend, but the virus shenanigans might make that tough.

if we do NE Alabama we could do Estill Fork and Iron Gap road, but that would be a day trip.
Chris, what's the deal on Estill Fork and Iron Gap Rd? I've never heard of them before...

Chris, what's the deal on Estill Fork and Iron Gap Rd? I've never heard of them before...

combination of WMA, unmaintained county roads, and logging roads. One of these places where people have been riding forever but will probably be shut down sooner or later due to trash, creek riding and other stupidity. one trailhead is in north Jackson county but you’re in southern Tennessee pretty quick after you go in.

edit: it is a beautiful place though (minus all the blue aluminum trail flowers) and fun to ride. Takes a full day.

Last edited:
It's a good ride, @Bama4door. A few little technical spots, and it'll be a nice drive now that the plants are all waking up.

Called and confirmed chocco is open next weekend. They have not been able to do much trail maintenance (similar to HP.) They do have bathhouse facilities and RV hookup. We're going to make the best of it and camp at least Saturday night. If anyone wants to come in early, I'm game for camping Friday night also.

10 day forecast leading up to then looks decent. We'll keep an eye on it.
Also, HP put this msg out today and I feel it's a very good statement for us to follow here. We can apply some common sense and still get out!

Hope to see you soon!

20200325_204440.png

Screenshot_20200325-204733.png

Also, there are some trails in chocco that do not require 4wd. It's not a big place but has a little bit for everyone. I mainly want to be in the woods this weekend and not in the house. Maybe even watch some crawlers come out and play depending on how busy the place gets. This will be a fun weekend and we always help each other out on the trail to keep anyone from getting in trouble. That's why we're here. So don't let Zach dismay you because he tried to follow me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom