Events/Trails GSMTR 2019 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm still in. Depending on work could possibly leave late Thursday but probably be Friday morning.

I am heading up there either Sunday the 12th Monday the 13th and staying until Sunday evening as long as I don't break anything :flush: . I will be in Oak Ridge from June until early August so I'll probably be at Windrock most weekends if anyone wants to join.

We are going, probably head that way late Thursday or early Friday.

I haven’t signed up yet, but I will definitely be there. I’m primitive camping in the big field where the event is held (in the very back). Some people reserve a spot at the Windrock primitive sites, but it’s up to you.
When you say "primitive camping" that means no power right? Are there facilities in the "big field"? Are there facilities at the Windrock primitive sites?

Might camp instead of hotel depending on who is coming with me.

When you say "primitive camping" that means no power right? Are there facilities in the "big field"? Are there facilities at the Windrock primitive sites?

So free primitave camping is available inside the "event area". That means there is a big field and its kinda a free-for-all. Typically folks set up around the perimeter of that area. There are primitive sites outside the area that arent too bad. They have a bath house which serves both areas. There are some cabins, but I think they are all booked up. And the regular RV slots are a little further toward the main office.

The "facilities" in the event area = porta johns, the bath house is just outside that area.

The bath house is a lot nicer than Hawk Pride. You should definitely camp with us, we’ll have a good time. Should be a good group of us up there.

I am heading up there either Sunday the 12th Monday the 13th and staying until Sunday evening as long as I don't break anything :flush: . I will be in Oak Ridge from June until early August so I'll probably be at Windrock most weekends if anyone wants to join.

:bounce: Can I spot you again?! :clap: We did good at Chocco! Or should i say, YOU did good driving!

I'ma TRY to head up Wednesday after work... A little Werdy Birdie tells me an DLC old timer will be there, but ain't sayin' no names yet!
I plan on motorhouse camping behind the gate in the event area as well... We'll see how that goes.

when are yall leaving? I have to be in Dothan 5/14-5/17 and back down to Gulfport, MS on 5/20. Looks like 15 hrs driving.
Now it looks like I have a 8am meeting on Monday because its a first time client, so I have to get down there Sunday, 19th. I would be on the road all weekend long, so I'm going to have to miss this one too.

Last edited:
My wife enjoyed ours, we camped in it for a good while.
IMG_2390.JPG

Prepping today and tomorrow loading up for after work departure on Wednesday!

@Bama4door unfortunately we won't be able to make it this go around, I had a work trip come up for this week and couldnt get out of it :bang: I hope y'all are graced with some drier conditions than we had at Mardi Krawl lol

@Bama4door unfortunately we won't be able to make it this go around, I had a work trip come up for this week and couldnt get out of it I hope y'all are graced with some drier conditions than we had at Mardi Krawl lol
Aw man, sorry we will miss you! I'm hoping the bad weather stays away :bang:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom