Grom VLine Group Buy 2nd Round (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

When I placed the order they gave me the part number LEXGXVL2. When I looked up that part number their website says that part number is applicable to 03-04 GXs.
LEX4VL2 according to the website is for 04-06 Toyota/Lexus. I just want to make sure I get the right system.
Ah ya email them they will get back to you.

Any updates?

Hi everyone, I just got an email from GROM. They apologized for the delay but they said units will start shipping today and they will email everyone with a shipping update shortly.

Thanks for the update Dave.

19B2A094-AA56-4A55-BC06-66EF87F7D146.jpeg

let the fun begin.

Thank you to CaptainNemo2018 for setting up this group buy and getting us this killer deal! Cheers to you sir.

Just buttoning up the install now. Not bad at all. 2 1/2 hours, works great, kept my steering wheel controls, Apple car play works. What a great product!

I had a much worse experience with mine today. There must be something wrong with my unit or the wiring... Install was fine, but once powered on there's two blue lines on the far right of the screen and on the left it looks as if any icons at the edge are slightly cut off. It's like the entire image or display is shifter slightly to the left going off the actual physical screen. Also when I touch the screen it activates whatever is slightly to the left and lower.

When I try to make phone calls the unit doesn't recognize the Bluetooth connection and instead plays the call through my phone.

When I plug in my phone and play music on Spotify it plays at a normal volume for a couple seconds then goes far quieter with poorer sound quality.

Lastly, when I go to the system setting from the hamburger menu icon on the top left of the home screen, it only shows the first three setting options and has no way to scroll down to the other options. I don't believe I didn't anything wrong installing, it was very straitforward. I guess on Monday I'll give grom a call. I think they might be local as my unit shipped from only about 20 miles from where I live. I definitely hope I can get these problems worked out, because as of now it is completely unusable.

Keep us posted.
I installed mine today andI Iam having trouble with Android auto not working most of the time.
Anyone else having this issue?

Does anyone else have the issue of not being able to scroll down in the system settings menu? Also anyone else with the blue lines and very unresponsive screen issue?

No. The only problem I'm having is Android auto is not working.. it seems to connect sometimes and then turns itself off after 30 seconds

I took the head unit out again and unplugged and plugged everything back in which didn't fix anything. Also made a few marks on the stupidly soft dash plastic and broke one of the taps on the wood trim :(.... I also did a factory reset multiple times and it did not fix any issues. Even the parts that do work seem pretty buggy slow and have a really poorly designed UI. Kinda wish I hadn't made this purchase so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom