Grom VLine Group Buy 2nd Round (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi guys, I sent the final list to Grom today. They should update us tomorrow. Please see the list below and if i missed anyone please let me know ASAP. Thanks again.
Note: rmswins and warwagon ( are not in as i did not have email address for them)
Screen Name
toyprtsguy
rva4x4
sicario
suprax7nut
gmr76
yamajet
ian145
michaelandrews
tmdoll77
nnnickkk
michael quah
palanterra
120gx
turbotoyz
utilidor
dragon m
tarpaigh
manhattan
wcarson89
mr2boost
valouman
planomateo
razorrodent
brices123
stubbs
papas LX
alephx
hoosgx470
Organizer: David Cotter
rmswins
warwagon

Does anyone know of a VLine expert in SoCal area?

I have a VLine V1 for my 06 GX470 that crashed when I did the latest firmware update. I got instructions for a fix from Grom, but it’s all foreign language to me.

I know a guy. ...but he is East Coast. If no one can point you towards a Cali expert you might be well served to start a new thread here. Also, I have seen discussion about Grom issues on lexusforums. My Grom VLine 2 i's only 2 weeks old and crashed often. Now, it will not even bring up the boot screen so tomorrow I will be at my custom stereo shop bright and early! I am tempted to send it back and go with a BT-45 Toy that works flawlessly in my 2004 GX470. Good luck!

I would like to add my name to the group buy if it is not too late. Thank you.

Interested in this. I just bought an 08 with Nav and ML. Can someone fill me in on this unit? I want Bluetooth connection for music, phone and Nav. And want my AC and heater to work. New to the forum, sorry if this is basic, just point me in the right direction.

Interested in this. I just bought an 08 with Nav and ML. Can someone fill me in on this unit? I want Bluetooth connection for music, phone and Nav. And want my AC and heater to work. New to the forum, sorry if this is basic, just point me in the right direction.
We closed the group buy Monday but I can try and add you. I need:
Name
Email address
Screen name
Please PM or email to me today asap.
Check out Grom's web page for more info on the VLine 2. It will do exactly what you are looking for.

It will not impact your A/C and Heater in any way, and since you have the update Nav screen, it's definitely something to consider!

About VLine
VLine Infotainment System is a smart computer that connects to the back of your stereo and fully integrates into infotainment system and display without compromizing or affecting factory functionality.

VLine is a stand alone unit that is fully functional with stereo touchscreen , buttons and controls. WiFi connection is required. VLine offers connectivity with mobile hot spot and/or though your phone internet tethering. VLine VL2 offers offline maps and music options for certain music app plugins.

VLine Features

CarPlay:
Add navigation and media apps easily with your iPhone. Simply plug it in via lighting cable to USB port and off you go !

Android Auto: Add navigation and media apps easily with your Android phone. Simply plug it in via Type-C cable to USB port and ready to go !

Voice Activation: Voice activation allows use of voice control over navigation with Google, Waze, Sygic and HereWeGo maps. Voice search is also available within music app plugins including Spotify, Web Radio, Pandora, Google Music, and local music as stored on USB stick / SD card and connected to VLine VL2.

Music Apps and Plugins: VLine VL2 for can play any music app as available in Google Play Store. However all VLine systems have built-in app plugins to create a unified environment with large display fonts and graphics for ease of use while driving. Plugins include Spotify, Pandora, Google Music and Web Radio (VLine own radio app that is similar to TuneIn).

Navigation Apps: Install any map app from Google Play Store including Google, Waze, Sigyc, HereWeGo. Set default navigation map app for quick access via voice activation and home launcher screen. Voice activation allows use of voice control over navigation with Google, Waze, Sygic and HereWeGo maps. Use stereo buttons and touchscreen to use these apps.

Other apps: Install any app available at Google Play store or sideload your preferred app. Note that not all apps are optimized for driving. Install safely and responsibly.

WiFi Connectivity: WiFi connectivity is required to use the majority of VLine apps and Maps. VLine can connect to the internet via WiFi either using Smartphone internet tethering or standalone mobile data hotspot / modem and data plan.

Bluetooth: Bluetooth A2DP music streaming is available for most Smartphones with cover art and title support.

High Sound Quality: VLine uses factory car stereo sound system for pure crystal-clear sound.

Firmware: Firmware upgrades are available within VLine system and downloaded over WiFi or USB. It is recommended that you update your VLine VL2 firmware as it is made available.

Rear and front facing camera: add aftermarket backup and front facing camera to your vehicle with VLine VL2 system. VAUX AV cable is required, and sold separately

Wireless Bluetooth Mini Keyboard (sold separately): The keyboard is useful to input any information such as Wifi password or email into VLine. Connects via Bluetooth, easy to operate.

Integration with your existing system is seamless. You will keep all factory controls and features. You will be able to access FM radio, CD changer, use factory Bluetooth and so on.

Does anyone know of a VLine expert in SoCal area?

I have a VLine V1 for my 06 GX470 that crashed when I did the latest firmware update. I got instructions for a fix from Grom, but it’s all foreign language to me.

If you message them through their website, they'll open a secured chat online. They are pretty responsive. I had some freezing issues, but they resolved after they told me to update both firmware and software.

Do I need to add the AV cable for backup and front cams?
Is that only if I am adding cams, or still using my stock BU camera?
Do people add a forward cam?

You'll need one for a front Cam but the factory BU works as normal

Just got email from GROM today order submitted hopefully everybody gets theirs in quickly as well

Grom sent me an update. We have 25+ orders in. They will close the group buy on 02-12 @pm PST so if you know anyone who wants in remind them. Our orders will start shipping on Thursday and Grom will email everyone their shipping details.thanks everyone can't wait to get our units. Dave

Not sure but Grom should have asked you for year.male.model when you placed your order. I think the VLine are all the same for GX/LX.

When I placed the order they gave me the part number LEXGXVL2. When I looked up that part number their website says that part number is applicable to 03-04 GXs.
LEX4VL2 according to the website is for 04-06 Toyota/Lexus. I just want to make sure I get the right system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom