Grease is driving me crazy, please help me decide! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I've destroyed my grease gun today, because I couldn't get the old cartridge out and was already in a bad mental state (after an oil change:D & pumping a couple litres of oil accidentaly on the floor)
Please help me decide which grease to buy to grease to driveshaft u-joints and slip jokes:

1, Liqui Moly LM 47 - Lithium base, ?% Moly, not EP, (NLGI2) (black?)

2, Mobil XHP 222 - Lithium base, no Moly, not EP, (NLGI2) (blue) - this is what I was using previously

There is no other option I can get hold of right now..

I've been using Valvoline SYNPower Full Synthetic Grease. Works great. NAPA usually has them in stock.
415196B6-2804-4B39-A3D2-525065E8A08A_1_201_a.jpeg

Thanks! But unfortunatelly these are the only two options here where I live:(

Go for the one with moly in it if you’ll be using it on the slip yokes

Of the two you listed, Mobil for the U-joints, Liqui Moly for the slip yokes. Get two grease guns to make life simpler and much less messy.

I deal with grease all the time because of Heavy Construction Cranes. Either grease is very good grease and since they both are Lithium based grease, they should be compatible with each other.

With that being said, I would go with the Moly. Moly is basically very small pieces of graphite that help protected the metal surfaces on equipment that is not being greased often enough. So Moly in most grease joint is just a small layer of insurance.

Of the two you listed, Mobil for the U-joints, Liqui Moly for the slip yokes. Get two grease guns to make life simpler and much less messy.
Don’t do this to me:D

P.S. The color of most greases is just a dye to see them easier.

I just use the Red and Tacky , or Supertech from Walmart :eek:

I'm a cheap dirt bag and I won't apologize

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom