Grand Rapids Michigan - ISO 1HD-T Diesel Mech (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Have been keeping an ear to the ground for in 80 series diesel. Looking for shops in the southwest Michigan area or further that know the 80 series and the 1HD-T.
TIA !

I don’t have specific shop suggestions but as long as you find a competent shop that is open to using oem parts you should be able to get most work outside the engine done easily enough. It won’t need much anyway, being an 80 and all. The 1hd-t is a tougher one. A good mechanic witha good attitude and a proper fsm can probably handle most stuff. Timing belt for sure, beb’s perhaps. You should jump in the Lake Michigan Land Cruisers group (clubhouse). Maybe we can get some of us out for a brew and Cruiser shop brainstorming

I don’t have specific shop suggestions but as long as you find a competent shop that is open to using oem parts you should be able to get most work outside the engine done easily enough. It won’t need much anyway, being an 80 and all. The 1hd-t is a tougher one. A good mechanic witha good attitude and a proper fsm can probably handle most stuff. Timing belt for sure, beb’s perhaps. You should jump in the Lake Michigan Land Cruisers group (clubhouse). Maybe we can get some of us out for a brew and Cruiser shop brainstorming
Thanks dogfishLake.
I can handle the timing belt.
Birfs look fun. LOL
My local shop can handle most everything, BEBs too if not already done.
They are the local 'go to' for Sprinter diesels, but a purely mech fuel pump would be new to them. If any issues came up would be nice to have a place that knows them. Diesel shops in the area appear to be for Cummins,Nav,Dmax and heavy OTR.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom