Got the shaft, well sort of (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Two weeks ago, I called around getting some ideas about the costs of custom axle shafts. Poly Performance said they would do a pair of custom length shafts for $350. So today I call and guess what, it's now a $500 deal. Nice. I now have a cut up housing and no source for affordable shafts. I have tried Currie, Moser, Bobby Long and some others to no avail, $500 is the deal which is just too much in my opinion. Apparently FJ80 inners are completely different at the Birfield end so those won't work either. So fellow Mud Men, any ideas on who makes custom axle shafts without giving the shaft?

What was their answer on why the cost changed in two week?

A pair of front inners is only $200.00. Yes, they sure did back peddle fast.

A pair of front inners is only $200.00. Yes, they sure did back peddle fast.

Call them back up and double check because they are a stand up business and that does not sound correct to me.

Also call bobby long I believe he can have them made any length and it only cost like 50 bucks more.

cam

Call them back up and double check because they are a stand up business and that does not sound correct to me.

Also call bobby long I believe he can have them made any length and it only cost like 50 bucks more.

cam

I talked to Bobby twice yesterday, he reffered me to Diamond. They also want $500.

So now my line of thinking is going a different direction. What front axle with a passenger side diff and a WMS to WMS width of around 64" exists? The only thing that comes to mind is a Dana 44 out of a J-10, which I consider to be a step backwards in overall strength when compared to what I already have.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom